A Week of Gluten-Free, Paleo Friendly School Lunches (Kid Approved)
A week full of gluten-free, paleo friendly school lunches. Kid approved, delicious and easy- so you don't have to spend your entire weekend in the kitchen.
The new school season is rapidly approaching! Which for many mums, means back to a busy schedule and an ever growing list of things to complete each week.
I can only imagine that for the health conscious parent, school lunches can be a challenge. Especially lunches that your child will eat.
I’ve touched on this in a separate blog post but I grew up on a gluten and casein free diet. My younger brother has autism and to keep it fair, we removed all inflammatory, processed food from the house.
A typical lunchbox would look like celery sticks, nut bread with hummus (the flat cardboard tasting kind of bread) and if I was lucky, a handful of carob smarties. It’s safe to say that nobody wanted to steal my food when I wasn’t looking.
Looking for “cool” ways to fill your child’s lunchbox this upcoming school season? Here are 5 lunchbox ideas for paleo kids that are fun, fast and delicious!
Plantain Chips or Grain-Free Chips (you can find plantain chips at most local grocery stores. I’m loving Siete’s paleo friendly chips at the moment. You can buy these at health food stores or online)
Apple Slices with Nut Butter
Paleo Sandwich w/ Bella Grace Wellness Bread
Fresh Fruit Salad
Carrot & Cucumber sticks with smashed avocado guacamole.
Aidell’s Chicken Sausage and Roasted Veggie Skewers with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Rosemary Crackers with Nut Butter.
Pineapple & Apple skewers
I would avoid boxed juices or sodas as they are high in sugar and other additives. Water is always the best choice but if that's a little boring then try infusing your water overnight with fruit! Strawberries and lemon, with a tiny drop of raw honey, taste just like lemonade!
Beef Bulgogi Bowls
Makes 2 Large Bowls
1 lb. grass-fed rib eye or sirloin steak
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
2 stems of green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
4 cups dark leafy greens
2 cups roasted broccoli
3 large carrots, roasted
3 cups cauliflower rice
+ hot sauce (to taste)
= spicy mayo!
1) To make the roasted vegetables, throw frozen broccoli and carrots onto a baking sheet, drizzle in cooking oil of choice, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes or so. Remove and set aside.
2) Place the steaks in a large bowl with coconut aminos, minced garlic, raw honey, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10-30 minutes.
3) In a large skillet, add cooking oil and saute the steaks (along with sauce) over medium high heat or until the steak is medium-well done.
4) Set the beef aside and slice into thin pieces.
5) Using the same pan, heat up your cauliflower rice in the skillet until piping hot.
5) To each bowl, add 2 cups of greens. Top greens with 1-2 carrots, 1 cup roasted broccoli, 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, 1/2 lb of steak and chopped green onion. Add a dollop of spicy mayo on the side, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.