Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Good Morning! Today I'm bringing you a brand new recipe that I finalized just last week... Paleo Biscotti!
Although these may look and sound complicated, these crunchy, dippable little biscuits are so simple to make. What makes biscotti so crunchy is that they are twice baked- you shape the dough into a large log and bake it, let it cool, slice it and then bake again. The result is a biscuit so crunchy and crisp that even the longest dunk in your tea won't make it break off and disappear.
If you saw my recent Madeleine recipe post, you'll know that I'm a dark chocolate orange fiend which is why I opted for the combination again for these cookies. The beauty of this recipe though is that it's extremely adaptable and playing with flavors is easy. Experiment with a variety of extracts, fruits, nuts, seeds, or whatever else you fancy.
Biscotti are great to have handy for unexpected company, or for an afternoon treat, especially after a day of shopping. They also make great gifts! Experiment with your favorite flavor combinations, and enjoy!
Almond and Orange Biscotti
(Makes 12 Biscotti)
- 2 large organic eggs
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest from one organic orange
- 1½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate
- optional: ½ cup dark chocolate chips or dried fruit.
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a food processor, mix eggs, honey, vanilla and orange zest together until combined.
3) Add the flours, baking soda and sea salt to the mixing bowl and stir until a dough forms. Add in your additional ingredients at this time if you are using them.
4) Spoon out the dough onto the baking sheet and create a long rectangle, approximately, 4 inches by 12 inches.
5) Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour. Once cooled, slice the biscotti approximately an inch thick on a slight diagonal and lay them on their side.
6) Place the sliced biscotti back in the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes, until crunchy.
7) Let the biscotti cool once again. While they are cooling, melt chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat until smooth.
8) Dip half of the biscotti into the chocolate, top with chopped nuts or sprinkle orange zest on top. Place biscotti in the fridge to set.
9) Once hardened, cool and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
The RESTART Program Travel Tips
My Top Tips for Staying Healthy When Traveling & Sticking to your RESTART/ 21DSD/ Whole30 Goals!
RESTART Approved Cacao Almond Butter Bark
Perfect for those following RESTART, the 21DSD, or who are Keto, this cacao almond butter bark is the most delicious sugar-free pick me up!