Apple Crisps (Vegan, Paleo)
Crunchy, tangy homemade apple crisps, without all the sugar. Great as an on-the-go snack or as part of a lunch box!
I was always that kid at school that had the weird food in their lunchbox.
My brother has been on a restricted diet forever and being only a year older than him, I was also encouraged to share the same healthy snacks that he had.
That meant that when other kids got smarties and candy, I was stuck with carob nibs. When other kids opened their princess painted plastic boxes to find jam sandwiches, I opened my BPA-free tin box to find carrot sticks and hummus.
It’s safe to say that my friends didn’t fancy “trading” their goodies with mine. At the time I would moan and groan, but now I’m forever grateful (thanks, mum). I know for sure that when I have children of my own they’re also going to be the weird lunchbox kid, but love it.
These crunchy, tangy apple crisps are part of a kids lunchbox series, along with my paleo chicken strips, chocolate brownies with secret spinach, and paleo "Oreo" cookies. They’re cheap to make, easy to make, delicious and most importantly, kid approved.
2 organic apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
½ lemon, squeezed and juiced
3 cups cool, distilled water.
- Finely slice the apples from top to bottom. You should be left with long, thin apple pieces.
- Drop the apple slices into a large bowl with distilled water and lemon juice.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay your apple slices evenly and flat onto the paper and sprinkle lightly with coconut sugar and cinnamon. You may find it easiest to put your coconut sugar and cinnamon in a shaker.
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees F.
- Place the oven tray into the oven and let your apples dry out for about 2 - 3 hours. You will need to check it so that it doesn’t burn.
- It will be ready when they become wavy and curly and they are crisp. They will snap in half when you break them apart.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.