Beef Bulgogi Bowls (Paleo, Keto)
Easy and nutritious beef bulgogi bowls packed with all the vegetables and grass-finished steak strips. Don't forget the spicy mayo! Paleo + Keto.
I absolutely love this recipe. I'm not sure I have ever tried an authentic beef bulgogi dish but I have certainly tried similar and the flavors in this one are just to. die. for. The sauce has the hint of sweet perfectly blended with the tangy, savory flavor in Asian dishes that we all love.
My goal with this new recipe was to create something perfect for meal prep. It's Summer and for many of us that means hectic weeks, packed out days, and lots of travel. You can make several parts of this bulgogi bowl ahead of time- the roasted vegetables, the cauliflower rice, even the beef! Store them all in the fridge and when you want a delicious meal packed with all the nutritional goodness, throw them together over a bed of greens and add a dollop of spicy mayo. It's that easy.
THE DEETS ON THESE BEEF BULGOGI BOWLS
+ not a fan of raw honey? consider adding an alternative sweetener such as some organic apple juice or maple syrup instead, or leave it out altogether.
+ if grass-finished ground beef is in your fridge over steak, you can absolutely substitute it! ground beef tastes just as delicious in this recipe. If you don't eat red meat, maybe try some chicken thigh meat or even just pop a fried egg on top!
+ don't like carrots or broccoli? no worries! you can roast literally any vegetable and it will taste delicious here.
+ little tips: always the option to add more sauce because I'm that kinda girl too. Oh and more spicy mayo, always.
Beef Bulgogi Bowls
Makes 2 Large Bowls
1 lb. grass-fed rib eye or sirloin steak
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
2 stems of green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
4 cups dark leafy greens
2 cups roasted broccoli
3 large carrots, roasted
3 cups cauliflower rice
+ hot sauce (to taste)
= spicy mayo!
1) To make the roasted vegetables, throw frozen broccoli and carrots onto a baking sheet, drizzle in cooking oil of choice, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes or so. Remove and set aside.
2) Place the steaks in a large bowl with coconut aminos, minced garlic, raw honey, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10-30 minutes.
3) In a large skillet, add cooking oil and saute the steaks (along with sauce) over medium high heat or until the steak is medium-well done.
4) Set the beef aside and slice into thin pieces.
5) Using the same pan, heat up your cauliflower rice in the skillet until piping hot.
5) To each bowl, add 2 cups of greens. Top greens with 1-2 carrots, 1 cup roasted broccoli, 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, 1/2 lb of steak and chopped green onion. Add a dollop of spicy mayo on the side, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.