Blueberry Crumble Bars (Paleo, Keto, Vegan)
A Summer Staple, Fruity and Light Blueberry Crumble Bars. Paleo, Keto, and Vegan Friendly.
Happy Monday my lovelies! I have to be honest, my creative juices have not been flowing as they usually do these past few days and I have been reluctant to trial and taste any recipe that is overly-complex. I think it may be due to some serious Texas heat, or my quickly approaching NTA finals. Anyway, the slump seems to have worked out in my favor because my laziness led to these delightfully easy crumble bars.
These blueberry crumble bars put all other crumble recipes to shame. They are simple and easy, and the most crowd-pleasing summer staple I've got. Seriously, delicious stuff.
You may be surprised to know that I am actually not a huge fruit fan. Not for any other reason than I would far prefer to snack on a big bowl of veggies than have a banana. Weird, I know. If I did have to choose a favorite though, it would probably be some sort of berry and since these juicy little berries are only in season for such a short part of the year, what better idea than to grab a bunch of them and make these blueberry crumble bars for your next summer get together. The crunchy, crispy crust pairs so well with the sweet blueberry compote and that oh-so-yummy "caramelized sugar" on the topping. I promise they will be a hit!
Blueberry Crumble Bars
makes 15 squares
2 cups almond meal
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup collagen peptides (I love the Further Food brand)
1/3 cup sweetener of choice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted
2 cups organic frozen blueberries (8 oz)
1/4 cup sweetener of choice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon filtered water
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup crust mixture
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, heat blueberries, lemon juice and water over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until thawed.
- Add sweetener, arrowroot and xanthan gum, reduce heat and stir until thick and jam-like. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the crust, mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Melt the coconut oil or grass-fed butter and add to the dry ingredients.
- Press all of the crust mixture, minus one cup, into the baking tray ensuring it is flat and even.
- Pour the blueberry compote over the crust and spread evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining crust mixture with almonds and pecans. Crumble the mixture over the blueberry layer. Lightly sprinkle coconut palm sugar on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes before removing, cooling, and cutting into 15 delicious blueberry crumble squares.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.