Bratwurst Sausage & Wilted Slaw Skillet
Organic, Pasture-Raised Bratwurst Sausage with an array of Wilted Veggies. Pairs Deliciously with my Paleo Bread!
This one is Max's recipe request for the week. He's been nagging me to make something with authentic bratwurst sausages for a while and I've finally caved.
Here's my thing when it comes to sausages. They have to be high-quality. When purchasing sausages look for organic, pasture-raised and heirloom breed hogs for optimum flavor and healthfulness. I recommend befriending your local farmer and visiting the farm to ensure the standards. Be that annoying person who asks all the questions-- it's worth it! Otherwise, there are several online butchers that I highly recommend such as Butcher Box and Organic Prairie.
Once you have your high-quality meat, the rest is easy. Pick some fresh veggies or head to your local reputable grocer to find some organic slaw. The fresh vegetable mix here pairs wonderfully with the brats, especially when wilted and seasoned. Pair with a drizzle of my avocado aioli for a creamy kick! Need a serving suggestion? We had these over my cauliflower mash with some kraut on the side.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Bratwurst Sausage & Slaw Skillet
4 sausage links (High-Quality and Organic, No Added Sugars or Nitrates)
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
1 large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup kale
10 oz. organic slaw with all the mixed veg (there are some great pre-mixed bags out there)
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1) In large skillet, add cooking oil of choice. Add sausage links and cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
2) Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F. Set aside.
3) Add remaining cooking oil to the pan and add the onions and seasonings. Cook for about 2 minutes until translucent.
4) Add the bell pepper and kale and cook for another two minutes, until softened.
5) Add the garlic and slaw to the pan. Continue to stir, until everything is combined and slaw is wilted, about 5 minutes.
6) Add the sausages back to the pan, stirring slaw as needed, until sausages are warmed. Serve right away. We love adding a tablespoon of Kraut with this dish and putting it over my famous cauliflower mash.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.