Bubble & Squeak Mini Frittatas (Paleo, Keto, RESTART)
Bubble & Squeak Frittatas- Paleo and Keto Friendly. The BEST Way To Use Up Leftovers!
I hope everyone had the merriest Christmas'! We had a wonderful time in Austin with the Tommey family and friends with fun, games, and lots of food.
As always, my mum made an incredible spread with an organic turkey, various roasted veggie dishes, bread sauce, roasted potatoes, and her infamous stuffing. It didn't stop there with Yule Log, Christmas Pudding, chocolate truffles and more goodies coming after.
Lots of food means lots of leftovers and in England, we like to use them up with a Boxing Day morning feast of Bubble and Squeak.
What is Bubble & Squeak?
Bubble & Squeak is a traditional English dish which was originally made to use up leftovers. It is said that the dish originates back to 1770 and originally contained boiled beef. The name comes from the bubbling and squeaking noises the mixture would make in the hot oil whilst being fried. Of course, I have healthified my recipe up a bit and popped it in a frittata so there will be no bubbling and squeaking but what your ears will miss, your gut will thank you for!
These Bubble & Squeak frittatas can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There are tons of combinations of ingredients that can be used (depending on your leftovers) but there must be potato as the main ingredient. Of course, if you are reading this and you don’t have the leftovers to make this dish, I have been known to make the potatoes and veggies just so I can enjoy this dish.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Bubble & Squeak Frittatas
10 organic eggs
½ cup coconut cream
pinch of sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons coconut oil or Ghee
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup leftover roast lamb (or other leftover roast meat, such as chicken, beef or turkey)
1 cup cooked veggies (pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot or other leftover vegetables), cut into cubes
1.5 cups cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts or other leftover greens, shredded
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment.
2) Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk lightly with the coconut cream and season well with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3) Heat the coconut oil or other fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3–5 minutes until soft and slightly golden. Stir in the leftover meat, vegetables and parsley and cook gently for 2–3 minutes until heated through. Season with some salt and pepper, transfer to the prepared tray, then pour in the egg mixture. Mix.
4) Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden on top and the egg is cooked.
5) Leave the frittata to cool for at least 10 minutes, then use the parchment to lift it out in one piece onto a cooling rack. Cut into portions and serve.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
The RESTART Program Travel Tips
My Top Tips for Staying Healthy When Traveling & Sticking to your RESTART/ 21DSD/ Whole30 Goals!
RESTART Approved Cacao Almond Butter Bark
Perfect for those following RESTART, the 21DSD, or who are Keto, this cacao almond butter bark is the most delicious sugar-free pick me up!