Instant Pot Carnitas Tacos
Ridiculously tender and flavorful carnitas tacos. Grain-free, Paleo/Keto friendly, and easy peasy in the instant pot!
I finally got an instant pot here in Virginia! YAY for wedding registries and generous friends who understand our love for food in this house.
I discovered the joys of the instant pot during my time on tour with Vaxxed. It made life incredibly simple when on the road, particularly when we were in the middle of nowhere and had limited options for dining. It's literally as simple as just popping in your organic meat and veggies, clicking a few buttons and there you have it- a healthy and hearty dinner.
These Instant Pot Carnitas Tacos follow the same blueprint. They are easy, pretty darn healthy, and absolutely delicious. This recipe is packed full of amazing spices, fresh citrus juices and all the healthy veggies, and helloooo deliciously tender pork.
Start by seasoning your high-quality pork butt and sautéing for just a little in your instant pot.
Give it a little more flavor with some minced garlic and spices, and add back into your instant pot along with some good old gut-healing bone broth.
Click a few buttons and leave it be for 70 minutes.
Return to ridiculously tender and perfectly flavored pork. Shred it (so satisfying) and add it, along with any other goodies you may fancy, to some grain-free tortillas.
Fold and DEVOUR!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Instant Pot Carnitas Tacos
2 lbs. trimmed, boneless pork shoulder (also sold as pork butt)
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 cup organic bone broth or stock
2-3 chipotle peppers
2 bay leaves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dry adobo seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and black pepper to taste
Pickled red onions
1) Season pork butt with salt and pepper (and any additional flavors you may fancy)/
2) Press saute on the instant pot, add two tablespoons of your favorite cooking oil and brown the pork on all sides for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3) Cut small dents all over the pork roast and stuff holes with minced garlic.
4) Season pork with cumin, oregano, adobo seasoning and garlic powder, making sure the entire butt has seasoning on it.
5) Add bone broth, chipotle peppers, bay leaves and pork into the Instant Pot. Cover and cook using the pressure cooker setting on high pressure for 70 minutes.
6) When the pressure releases and the meat has slightly cooled, shred pork using two forks and stir in the broth from the bottom of the instant pot.
7) Remove bay leaves and peppers.
8) Heat tortillas for 2-3 minutes in a toaster oven or oven on a low heat until warm to touch. Add a generous amount of shredded meat (carnitas) to the center of the taco, along with any toppings you may fancy. Fold up and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Thai Yellow Curry (Paleo, Keto)
A deliciously simple Thai yellow curry packed with organic chicken, mixed vegetables and a fragrant homemade sauce. Paleo, Keto + RESTART friendly.
Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake (Paleo)
Absolutely delicious grain-free cookies and cream chocolate cake perfect for any occasion! Includes homemade keto Oreo's recipe.