Carrot Cake (Paleo, Keto)
Delicious paleo-friendly carrot cake with a coconut cream cheese imitation frosting. You would never tell it's grain & refined-sugar free!
Apologies in advance for a lack of posting this week. The time has finally come to move to Virginia so I'll be packing the last of my things and spending time with my family and friends here in Austin. I also happen to have my NTA midterms this week- eek! One step closer to my dream of being a certified nutritionist and setting up my wellness center. Prayers would be hugely appreciate as I embark on this very exciting adventure both for my business and for my personal life.
Anyway, the busy (and just a tad stressful) times ahead this week call for a few slices of delicious guilt-free carrot cake to keep me sane. Carrot cake has always been one of my favorite desserts, the cream cheese frosting being my favorite part. This recipe includes a divine cream cheese imitation frosting, made with organic coconut cream and soaked cashews and a moist spiced carrot sponge. I love the crunch of the walnuts in the cake, but feel free to sub out the walnuts for your favorite nut, seed, currant, or ditch the lot of them if you prefer.
For the Carrot Cake:
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 organic eggs
1/2 cup sweetener of choice (we used maple syrup)
1/4 cup milk of choice
1/3 cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter (melted)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups shredded organic carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and extra for garnish
For the Frosting:
1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked
2/3 cup chilled coconut cream
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil (solid)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup sweetener of choice
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease two cake pans with coconut oil.
2) Start by making your frosting. In a food processor, blend soaked and dried cashews on high until butter texture forms.
3) Add the remaining frosting ingredients and blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and leave to chill in the fridge.
4) In a large bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
5) In a food mixer, whisk your eggs, sweetener, milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil or butter, and vanilla extract on high until smooth.
6) Add dry mixture to wet and mix again. Fold in shredded carrots and chopped nuts.
7) Evenly pour the mixture into the two cake pans and smooth over. Bake for 25 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and leave cakes to cool. Transfer to a platter and frost the middle and top layer with cream cheese frosting. Store in the fridge-- it almost tastes better with age!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
Organic Broccoli Crisps (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
A healthy, crunchy, and delicious snack for the entire family. These organic broccoli crisps are paleo, vegan and keto friendly!