Cauliflower Popcorn (Paleo, Vegan)
Popcorn, but without the carcinogenic bags, fake butter, or corn. Crunchy, crispy, addicting, homemade.
Best snack ever.
I never really liked popcorn ever until I met Max. If you know Max, you’ll know that popcorn is his favorite thing ever. You know the bottomless popcorn bowls in the fancy movie theaters? He can easily get through two of them by the time the movie has finished.
Popcorn is low in calories and fat, so many people think is a health food. There are certainly worse snacks that you can choose, but for me following a grain-free, organic lifestyle, I try and avoid it whenever I can (I may or may not have a few handfuls of Max’s bottomless bowl on movie day).
This cauliflower popcorn is the next best thing. If you cook it for long enough, it’s crispy, crunchy and kinda resembles those heavenly popped kernels.
WARNING: It’s addicting. But totally guilt-free!
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 tablespoon coconut oil for greasing the baking pan
6 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I use Dr. Fuhrman's to avoid the synthetic folic acid found in most brands)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly grease a baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl.
- Add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the prepared baking sheet, and spread it around.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on top to make them extra crispy.
- Bake in the oven at 450ºF for 50 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden and crisp.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.