Paleo Chicken Gyros w/ Dairy-Free Tzatziki
Paleo Chicken Gyros with a Homemade Dairy-Free Tzatziki Sauce. Authentic, Delicious & Made in Under 20 Minutes!
One thing I miss about living in Austin are the food trucks. They seem to be strategically planted around the city so that no matter which area you are going to, you know you're going to stumble across one of your favorites. My parents live in the Hill Country, just outside of town and in that area they have a little Lebanese food truck with the most amazing Gyros. Authentic, family made little pockets of gorgeousness. They don't provide gluten-free pitas, but I'd often go and get a big bowl chicken and their homemade tzatziki, take it back home, whip up some Simple Mills grain-free flatbreads and voila- I had myself the most delicious Gyro that doesn't make me feel ick.
It's easy peasy to make your own and this chicken gyro recipe can be made in just under 20 minutes! Simply take tender chicken, coat it in a creamy cucumber sauce that you can whip together in seconds, then tuck it into your favorite pita pockets. Enjoy!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Paleo Chicken Gyros
1lb. boneless organic chicken breast
2 lemons, juiced
1 tablespoon cooking oil of choice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
optional: chopped bell pepper, zucchini and onion
1/2 organic cucumber, peeled and diced
1 can full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated cream topping only)
1 lemon, juiced
4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste
Paleo: Simple Mills Paleo Bread Mix
Gluten-Free & Allergen-Free: BFree Pita Bread
Chopped Red Onion
1) Add all of the chicken ingredients into a large bowl, cover, and leave to marinate overnight. If you are like me and can never be bothered to wait that long, one hour should do the job.
2) Meanwhile, prepare the tzatziki sauce by peeling and dicing the cucumber.
3) In a large bowl, mix the coconut cream (about 1/2 cup) to the remaining sauce ingredients. Add in the cucumbers, mix together, and refrigerate.
4) In a large skillet, add your cooking oil of choice. Chop chicken breasts into little strips, season, and cook in the skillet over a medium-high heat until no pink remains. Make sure you flip them! If you are adding veggies in, throw them in here too.
5) Whether you are making your bread from scratch, from the Simple Mills mix, or if you are using one of my favorite store-bought brands, make or heat your flatbreads until they are warm to touch.
6) Add chicken to wrap, along with any additional toppings you desire and generousy drizzle with your homemade tzatziki sauce.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Raspberry Chocolate Brownies (Paleo)
Truly delicious paleo raspberry chocolate fudge brownies. Easy to make with only the best ingredients. These make a wonderful Valentine's Day dessert!
Practical Tips for Picky Eaters
Maybe you struggle with certain foods, or maybe you have a picky eater in your house. Try some of these practical tips to finding food freedom!