Chicken Tikka Masala (Paleo, Keto)
An authentic Chicken Tikka Masala Curry; creamy tomato goodness spiced with aromatic Indian spices. Paleo/Keto friendly.
Today is my last day in Texas before I head off on more travels (Atlanta, I'm heading your way!). I have had such a wonderful time this past week, with lots of exciting new business things in the pipeline, precious time spent with family and lots of cuddles with my cat, Alfie.
One thing I noticed during my time here? Just how much Billy (my awesome brother who also happens to have autism) LOVES spicy food. He can eat an entire jalapeno like an apple and feel nothing. Crazy, right? I'm a total baby when it comes to spice. I'm the girl who always opts for the Butter Chicken when out for an Indian meal.
This Chicken Tikka Masala has some heat to it, but certainly won't blow your brains out like some traditional Indian dishes. This creamy tomato goodness, spiced with the aromatic spices of India tastes just like the real thing, except with a small hint of coconut and less spice. That being said, if you are a fan of spicy foods, feel free to add more paprika, some cayenne pepper and even jalapenos (totally not traditional, but Billy loves this addition).
I have also tried this recipe without the coconut cream and with some cashew cream instead. I will say that it tastes more like an authentic tikka masala curry with the cashew cream and if you are a foodie, I highly recommend making your own cashew cream and adding that in. However, I am really trying to prioritize simplifying my recipes for you all, so let's stick with the coconut cream since you can buy that easily from the store or online.
This Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is absolute perfection, easy peasy, and is full of Indian flavors. Pair with a homemade grain-free Naan Bread or a tablespoon of fresh mango chutney for a more authentic meal.
Curry lovers of the world, spice up your life with this not so ridiculously hot chicken curry.
Chicken Tikka Masala
1lb. organic chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cubed
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, coconut oil, or cooking fat of choice
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 tablespoons coconut cream
1 1/2 cups (400g) crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups (450ml) water
salt and pepper to taste
1 bag frozen organic cauliflower rice
1. In a large cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or cooking oil of choice.
2. Chop chicken breasts into small cubes and throw in the pan. Saute on medium heat until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons butter or cooking oil in the saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. When the pan is hot, add the onions and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onions start to turn translucent.
5. Add garlic and ginger and stir for another minute, or until the garlic starts to brown. Mix in spices and stir for 30 seconds.
6. Add cooked chicken, coconut cream, crushed tomatoes, water, and salt. Cover sauté pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally.
7. While simmering, make the cauliflower rice according to the directions. We buy organic frozen cauliflower rice for convenience and cook it in a large skillet with a tablespoon of Ghee for approximately 8 minutes.
8. Serve cauliflower rice into bowls and top with a big serving of spicy chicken curry. You could also make some grain-free naan and some fresh mango chutney for an authentic and even more delicious meal! Enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
Organic Broccoli Crisps (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
A healthy, crunchy, and delicious snack for the entire family. These organic broccoli crisps are paleo, vegan and keto friendly!