Grain-Free Chicken + Vegetable Risotto (Paleo, Keto)
Deliciously creamy, cauliflower rice risotto packed with organic chicken and vegetables. The ultimate comfort food!
You guys, this healthier take on a hearty risotto is a real winner. It's equally as delicious as one you may find in Europe, but without the GMO rice, mountains of cream and cheese, and other fillers.
This recipe starts with fresh vegetables sautéed until just tender. I suggest starting with this recipe; the mushrooms, leeks, and onions, and then adding whatever else is available and in season for you. As you can see from the picture, I have also included sweet potato and kale before and it works fabulously well.
Add some cauliflower rice, organic shredded chicken and nitrate-free bacon, truck loads of gut-healing bone broth, a few spices and seasonings and you have yourself a creamy and flavorful risotto dish loaded with fresh vegetables and high-quality protein. Easy to make & so delicious!
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you need something that’s incredibly satisfying and comforting in a hurry. It would make a delicious entrée or side dish, and it would also work well for dinner parties.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Chicken + Vegetable Risotto
4 slices of nitrate-free bacon
1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 bags cauliflower rice
3 tbsp cooking oil of choice
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup diced white onion, diced
1/3 cup organic bone broth
1 cup sliced leeks
12 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp dried basil
3 tbsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Place bacon inside the pan and cook 4-5 minutes per side (or until desired level of crispiness). Set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
2) To the bacon fat, add diced onion, leeks and mushrooms into the skillet. Saute for 5-6 minutes until onion is translucent and leeks and mushrooms have softened.
3) Crumble bacon into small pieces and return to the pan. Add shredded chicken, coconut milk and dijon mustard and stir to combine.
4) Add cauliflower rice, chicken broth, garlic, and dried basil. Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 8-10 minutes while the rice absorbs the broth.
5) Add salt, pepper, thyme, and any additional seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to throw in any additional vegetables to your risotto. As you can see from the picture, my latest batch included cubed sweet potato and kale. The possibilities are endless with this recipe!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has a TON of useful health applications. Give it the appreciation it truly deserves!
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!