Chocolate Avocado Cookies (Paleo, Keto)
Chocolate-chip cookies made with avocado? YES! Swap your sugar-filled cookies for these delicious paleo & keto friendly treats.
Why is it that avocados always seem to ripen at the same time? I buy a little basket of avocados at the farmer's market, wait for what seems like ages for them to ripen and then all of a sudden they are ready to be eaten, all five of them on the same day. I never seem to know what to do with them all.
Well yesterday, I had a stray avocado that had just been left a day or two too long. I spontaneously decided to make a dessert with it and thus were born these AMAZING avocado-based cookies. If you are trying to increase your healthy fat intake, these are the perfect way to do so.
I added a few Enjoy Life chocolate chunks to the batter but feel free to skip this step if you want them to be STRICTLY sugar-free. I also love Lily's brand of baking chocolate chips, sweetened with stevia. On the contrary, if you prefer things a little sweeter, feel free to add an extra tablespoon or two of your sweetener of choice.
They are very yummy, especially when kept in the fridge to maintain that fudge texture. Rich chocolatey cookies that have the texture of brownies, but with the convenience of cookies... DIVINE!
Chocolate Avocado Cookies
1 avocado, ripe
1 organic egg (sub for flax if vegan)
1/2 cup sweetener of choice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (we use Lily's or Enjoy Life brand)
1) Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coconut oil.
2) In a food processor, blend avocado (pit removed), vanilla extract, and sweetener until smooth.
3) Add egg, cacao powder, coconut flour and baking soda, and blend again.
4) Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add in chocolate chips. You can also add chopped nuts here if you like some extra crunch! Stir.
5) Form your cookies by spooning a tablespoon of mixture at a time onto the baking sheet. Just a heads up: the batter is STICKY! Spatulas are hugely helpful here, as are second spoons. You should be able to make 6-8 good size cookies. These don't spread so make them the size and shape you would like them!
6) Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool and then transfer to a baking sheet for further cooling.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.