Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies (Paleo)
These paleo+gluten-free thumbprint cookies are filled with wells of sugar-free chocolate ganache. Irresistibly festive & simple but decadent cookies.
I sure hope you guys like cookies. As you may have noticed, I make a LOT of cookies in December. 'Tis the season, right?
Here is yet another scrummy cookie recipe for you to enjoy this Christmas: Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies.
These are the most delicious, buttery vanilla cookies filled with a smooth and creamy chocolate ganache, free from dairy and refined sugars.
Oh, and these cookies are freezer friendly so feel free to triple the recipe and make close to one hundred of these nuggets to eat in the months to come... ENJOY!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
(Makes 20 cookies)
- 1 ½ cups hazelnut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy nut butter
- 3/4 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (I used swerve)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz sugar free, organic dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1) Preheat oven to 325F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together hazelnut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) In a food processor, beat together the nut butter and butter or coconut oil until creamy. Beat in sweetener, and then beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
4) Beat in dry ingredient mixture until dough comes together.
5) Form dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press the bottom of a glass onto each ball of dough until a flat, round cookie shape has formed. Use your thumb to press a little well into the center of each cookie.
6) Bake for 13- 15 minutes.
7) Let cool on wire racks and while cooling, make the chocolate ganache by melting butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat. Let cool until thickened enough to "dollop" into the well in each cookie. Transfer cookies to the fridge and let set for an hour before eating!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Thai Yellow Curry (Paleo, Keto)
A deliciously simple Thai yellow curry packed with organic chicken, mixed vegetables and a fragrant homemade sauce. Paleo, Keto + RESTART friendly.
Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake (Paleo)
Absolutely delicious grain-free cookies and cream chocolate cake perfect for any occasion! Includes homemade keto Oreo's recipe.