Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake (Paleo)
Absolutely delicious grain-free cookies and cream chocolate cake perfect for any occasion! Includes homemade keto Oreo's recipe.
Good morning, lovelies!
Max's birthday was a few weeks ago and as an extra special treat, I hand crafted this delightful cookies and cream celebration cake for him. Living with a "health weirdo" like myself means poor old Maxie very rarely gets to enjoy his beloved childhood goodies. This birthday isn't different in that regard, but I will say that this looks and tastes pretty similar to the fancy cakes you can find at a cake shop or grocery store baker. It's topped with homemade oreos (or GF organic ones if you're feeling lazy like I was) both crumbled and halved, and slathered in the most delicious cookies and cream frosting that's both dairy and sugar free.
This cake is a real winner.
THE DEETS ON THIS COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE
+ As I mentioned earlier, you will see in the picture that I used the dairy-free, wheat-free Newman O's for this cake. If you are paleo and feeling up to the challenge, make my homemade oreos prior and use them instead. Making your own oreos is never a bad idea.
+ Reading the ingredients you may be like, woah, EIGHT EGGS?! The reason being is that this cake has two gigantic halves. When I make birthday cakes I go all out and want them to look quite the show. If you're just making this for your family Sunday roast, feel free to half the sponge cake ingredients and just make one layer or two thin layers.
+ Don't like Oreos? Have an alternative favorite cookie or biscuit? You could also try this recipe with any cookie! In fact, I reckon this cake would be equally as delicious with some chocolate chip cookies. If you switch it up, please let me know. I would love to hear how it turned out!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Cookies + Cream Chocolate Cake
Makes Two Cake Halves/ One Large Celebration Cake
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup cacao powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
8 organic eggs
1 cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
1 cup Ghee, grass-fed butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (we used Lily’s stevia sweetened)
¼ cup BPA-free, organic canned coconut cream
¼ cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil (soft)
¼ cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
optional topping: additional homemade oreos
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease two 6-inch round pans with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl or KitchenAid, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda and pinch of salt.
3) Add in maple syrup (or sweetener of choice), eggs, and Ghee. Mix in well.
4) Remove the whisk and stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Split the batter between each cake pan and pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool.
6) In a large mixing bowl or food processor, whip up the frosting ingredients (except the oreos) until completely mixed together.
7) Transfer to the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
8) When it has slightly hardened and is thick, put back in your KitchenAid or food processor. Add 1 cup of homemade Oreo cookies (crushed) and whip frosting together.
9) Frost in between both cakes like a sandwich, and over the top and sides of the cooled cake. Add halved oreo cookies around the edge for added deliciousness.
Keep in the fridge and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Thai Yellow Curry (Paleo, Keto)
A deliciously simple Thai yellow curry packed with organic chicken, mixed vegetables and a fragrant homemade sauce. Paleo, Keto + RESTART friendly.
Beef Bulgogi Bowls (Paleo, Keto)
Easy and nutritious beef bulgogi bowls packed with all the vegetables and grass-finished steak strips. Don't forget the spicy mayo! Paleo + Keto.