Creamy Chicken Thighs with Bacon Brussel Sprouts
A deliciously creamy dinner dish packed with organic chicken thighs, brussel sprouts and nitrate-free bacon. Paleo, Dairy-Free, Keto Friendly.
Roasted brussel sprouts, bacon and crispy chicken thighs baked in a "cheesy" creamy garlic sauce. This recipe is guaranteed to convert any sprouts hating fan to fall in love with these cruciferous veggies. Bonus? It's dairy-free, paleo-friendly and even caters to those on the Keto train.
Reasons why I am head over heels for this sprouts dish:
- It's ridiculously creamy, which in my book equals comforting, delicious, and indulgent.
- The quick cooking time (approx. 30 mins) makes this an easy dish for a busy weeknight.
- You can ditch the chicken and make the creamy bacon sprouts as a side dish for your fancy dinner party dish.
- It re-heats really well, so makes for an awesome meal prep.
- It serves my body fabulously well. It doesn't make me feel bloated, sick, or excessively full (although it tastes like it should).
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Creamy Chicken Thighs with Bacon Brussels
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, Ghee, or coconut oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
1 1/2 cups bone broth
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/2 Tbsp brown mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 lb organic chicken thighs
3 cups shaved brussel sprouts
3 Tbsp grass-fed butter, Ghee, or coconut oil
Sea salt and pepper
8 slices bacon (nitrate-free, organic)
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter. Place chicken thighs in the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes on each side, or until skin has crisped.
- On a baking sheet, arrange your brussel sprouts and coat with olive oil and seasoning. Add chicken thighs to the baking sheet.
- Roast chicken and brussel sprouts for 20-25 minutes.
- While the chicken thighs and brussel sprouts roast, cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Set aside.
- For the sauce, use the bacon fat as the base. Add the onions to the skillet, cook until translucent and fragrant, then add the garlic and continue to cook until soft.
- Whisk the arrowroot flour into the broth and add it to the skillet, then add the coconut milk, mustard and nutritional yeast, while whisking. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a simmer and continue to stir and cook for another minute, until thick.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste, add the fresh herbs, then remove from heat.
- Add the roasted brussel sprouts and chicken to the skillet on top of the sauce mixture, lightly stir to evenly coat.
- Add the chopped bacon to the skillet.
- Pop back in the oven at 400F for an extra 10-15 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Ginger Currant Cookies (Paleo, Vegan)
Deliciously chewy Paleo and Vegan ginger cookies studded with organic currants.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.