Creamy Chicken Florentine
Paleo and Keto Friendly One-Pan Creamy Chicken Florentine with a Dairy-Free Decadent Sauce, Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes!
Good morning and happy Wednesday, friends! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I have a pretty packed out one today with client calls, diagnostic testing analysis, and all sorts of things for my Masters (which I am just now getting back into post-wedding).
I made this dish a few nights ago as one of my final RESTART meals. My amazing group of participants and I finished our three week sugar detox last night and I loved every second of it. All of us experienced some pretty fabulous results including increased energy, better sleep, and one participant lost over 15 lbs of toxic fat! Most importantly, we all have this incredible appreciation for real, nourishing food and have ditched our sugar cravings altogether.
This creamy chicken recipe is not only super delicious, but it's packed with those healthy fats and proteins that we want from a dinner dish! It's simple to make, using only one cast-iron skillet (hello minimal clean up) and will be adored by the entire family. Max actually said that this may be his favorite sauce on any meat dish ever!
THE DEETS ON THIS CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE RECIPE
- You can use chicken thighs with the skin on, bone in, or skinless, boneless. It doesn't really matter, just depends on preference! You could even use chicken breasts here if you really wanted to, although I will personally opt for a juicy thigh over a boring breast any day.
- For my dairy eating friends, try a sprinkle of organic, raw cheese sprinkled on top of this dish for extra yumminess.
- Try making your own sun dried tomatoes! My favorite way of doing this is quite simply leaving tomatoes out in the sunshine. Just leave them out there until all of the moisture has gone. They end up tasting far better than if you were to pop them in the dehydrator!
- I use a boxed coconut cream, but you can also use refrigerated full fat coconut milk. Just take off the thick creamy bit on top and you'll be good to go!
We served this dish over cauliflower mash with some roasted veggies on the side. It was a hit! ENJOY!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs
Makes 4 servings
4 organic chicken thighs
2 tablespoons ghee, grass-fed butter or cooking oil of choice
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup organic bone broth
2/3 cup coconut cream
2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
salt, pepper, garlic powder for seasoning
optional: organic mozzarella (fresh) slices, dairy-free mozzarella cheese.
1) Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2) In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or cooking oil of choice over medium heat.
3) When the pan is hot, season chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until browned. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4) Lower heat and add remaining ghee or cooking oil. Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan and stir well.
5) Return the cooked chicken back to the skillet and place the entire thing in the oven for 25 minutes.
6) While it’s baking, make a paste from the sundried tomatoes, arrowroot stach and coconut cream.
7) After 25 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven and put it back on the hob. Add the paste to the chicken and let it simmer/melt. Stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
8) Serve and enjoy! We love this dish with cauliflower mash and a fresh salad, or roasted veggies.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
Organic Broccoli Crisps (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
A healthy, crunchy, and delicious snack for the entire family. These organic broccoli crisps are paleo, vegan and keto friendly!