Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
Crispy chicken thighs drizzled in a warm honey mustard glaze. Serve with a salad and root veggies for a perfectly balanced meal! Easy Peasy Paleo.
My Chicken Thigh Opinions:
+ Chicken thighs should always be crispy. Dr. Suzanne taught me this by making the most incredible crispy chicken thighs in a smokey barbecue sauce on our weekly meal rotation at the land. Game changer. The best part about this honey mustard chicken is the crispy skin. Because I fry and then bake the chicken at such a high temperature the skin gets a chance to develop a crispy skin while still staying moist and tender on the inside.
+ Chicken thighs should always be bone in. When you use chicken that is bone-in, you not only retain a great deal of flavor but you also increase the chances of juicy and tender chicken without over cooking it. The bones may increase the cooking time, in this case by 10 minutes, but he flavor and the juiciness of the chicken is well worth the wait.
+ Chicken thighs are delicious on their own, but even more delicious with a flavorsome drizzle.
Speaking of flavor, let's talk about the flavor in this dish. This honey mustard dressing is unreal and can be used on salads, meat, roasted vegetables, and more. It truly transforms a regular crispy chicken thigh into a masterpiece. It becomes a warm drizzle glaze on top of the baked chicken and simultaneously the honey caramelizes and makes it all deliciously sweet!
We enjoyed this dish last night with some roasted root vegetables and a big salad featuring spinach, arugula, cucumber, bell pepper, and toasted pine nuts. Can you guess what dressing we topped it with? Yup. The honey mustard drizzle. In under 30 minutes we enjoyed a wholesome and perfectly balanced meal on the table- easy and delicious!
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
2lbs chicken thighs, skin on, bone in.
4 tablespoons Ghee, grass-fed butter, or cooking oil of choice.
1/4 cup dijon mustard
3 tablespoons raw honey
pinch of sea salt
pinch of pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Optional: pinch of paprika
1) Preheat oven to 450F. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or cooking oil over a medium-high heat.
2) When the pan is hot, place the chicken thighs skin side down in the skillet. Sprinkle on all seasonings and cook for 7 minutes.
3) Flip the chicken thighs and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4) Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, make your honey mustard drizzle by heating 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, raw honey and mustard in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth.
6) Remove crispy chicken thighs from the oven, generously drizzle honey mustard sauce on top and serve. We love these chicken thighs with a big salad and roasted root veggies.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.