Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Paleo + Easy! Perfect For A Quick Afternoon Treat.
Happpppppy Hump Day! I hope you are having the most wonderful Wednesday.
Yesterday, Max and I took the afternoon off and went to see the Lion King. We loved it, but it made us feel OLD. When we asked our small group kids (second grade) if they had ever seen the cartoon version, they had no idea what we were even talking about. It's the end of an era, friends.
Anyway, just before we indulged at a mid-afternoon movie, I whipped together these dark chocolate crinkle cookies and they came together perfectly- no remake necessary. The best part about these little guys is the texture. They've got that crispy on the outside fudgy in the center thing going on and it's pretty amazing. They are also paleo friendly and so simple to whip together.
THE DEETS ON THESE DARK CHOC CRINKLE COOKIES
+ Paleo friends, for the chocolate I used Eating Evolved's chocolate sweetened with coconut sugar. I would also recommend Hu Kitchen's fabulous chocolate. Feel free to use your favorite brand here just be wary of those added sugars, dairy, and junk!
+ I didn't coat these in arrowroot or additional sugar as I don't think they need them. However, if you are wanting to go for the traditional crinkle cookie look, go ahead and do it.
+ The optional coffee is for added flavor and added gooeyness (is that a word?!). I highly recommend it!
+ Don't skip the refrigerator part! I know you've come to this section of the post to look and see if you can skimp it. I wouldn't recommend it. If you're really in a pinch, you could get away with 30 minutes.
Although these are traditionally made during the holidays, I think they are more than perfect for a Summer sweet treat. Enjoy!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons Ghee or coconut oil
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup paleo flour blend (gluten-free flour blend for those who aren't grain-free)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
optional: 2 tablespoons strong coffee
optional: extra coconut palm sugar or arrowroot powder for coating
1) In a medium saucepan, melt your dark chocolate and ghee or coconut oil over a low- medium heat being cautious not to burn it. If you are adding coffee, add it here.
2) When the chocolate has melted, take off the heat, whisk until smooth and set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, place the almond flour, paleo flour blend and baking soda and mix to combine.
4) In a stand mixer, whisk together eggs and sugar substitute of choice. Whip for approximately 5 minutes, or until the mixture becomes a little stiff.
5) Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and whisk again. Add the dry ingredients and stir by hand until the ingredients are just combined.
6) Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
7) Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly grease or line two baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
8) Take a tablespoon of the dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. You have the option to roll the ball in sugar or arrowroot starch to give the traditional "crinkle" coating look. Place the ball on the baking sheet and repeat until the remaining dough has been used.
9) Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let the cookies cool and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.