Easy Paleo Instant Pot Short Ribs
Juicy and tender short ribs, cooked either in the Instant Pot or in the oven on a long slow heat. Paleo/ Keto/ RESTART Approved.
The last time I was here in Texas, my mum taught me to make ribs. If you've ever been to my family's home, you'll know that she has an incredible knack for making up delicious recipes on the spot and them turning out fabulous. I don't think she's ever looked at a recipe for ribs in her life but her made up recipe surpassed any other rib recipe I had ever tried. I loved them- and I'm not even a ribs person.
Her recipe requires baking these at a low temperature all day long so if you don't have an instant pot don't fret. Just make up the same sauce, pour it over the ribs and bake them at a low temperature for literally 12 hours (or longer). You'll get the same tender and juicy result, just in a longer time.
If you're impatient like me, then simply pop these in the instant pot and you'll have them cooked PERFECTLY in under an hour.
Paleo Short Ribs
5-6 large beef short ribs
pinch of salt or pepper
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh thyme
3 cups organic bone broth
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup organic, sugar-free barbecue sauce
1 large onion, cut into four large pieces
2 medium carrots, diced
5 bay leaves
1) Season ribs with salt and pepper. Select the "Saute" setting on an electric pressure cooker and add cooking oil. Let it get really hot.
2) Once HOT, add 3 short ribs to the pan.
3) Cook until bottom is browned, flip and cook a few more minutes on the other side. Transfer cooked ribs to a side plate and repeat with remaining short ribs. Set aside.
4) Add more cooking oil if needed, then add garlic, thyme and rosemary to the pot. Saute for 2 minutes.
5) Add bone broth, coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce to the pot. Stir.
6) Add ribs, carrots, onions and bay leaves. Make sure the ribs are fully covered by sauce. If not, add some more bone broth, or even filtered water if you don't have any left.
7) Close and seal your pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
8) Release pressure and remove the ribs from the pot. Serve with cauliflower mash, braised greens and homemade slaw for the ultimate BBQ feast! Use the sauce as gravy. If you like your gravy a little thicker, add some arrowroot starch and stir vigorously.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.