Easy Paleo Quiche (Gluten-Free, Keto)
A delicious grain-free & keto-friendly quiche. High-quality eggs packed with organic vegetables, protein and healthy fats encased in an almond flour crust.
Just a little note before I get into the recipe... I know that quiche's are meant to be round and usually I would have opted for a pie dish, but we have just moved in and I can't find half of my kitchen bakeware (it's probably in a moving box somewhere), so forgive me! That being said, I would highly recommend a round dish if you have one for a more authentic looking quiche.
This is the first time I've made a quiche since adopting a paleo-based lifestyle and I'm SO glad I tried it. I was inspired by a baking show I can't get enough of at the moment, a lady on the programme made a caramelized onion and feta cheese quiche with spinach and I was like YES PLEASE. This healthier version is seriously DELICIOUS. It takes a bit of time to perfect the crust, but once that has been partially baked it's a simple 30-minute recipe, packed with healthy fats and lots of protein.
This recipe calls for an array of vegetables and some bacon but really you can add any filling you would like. I'm looking forward to trying this with grass-fed beef for a "taco style" quiche, ham and raw cheese, and one that's packed with even more green veggies.
Enjoy! Don't forget to let me know how you get on by messaging me @bellagracewellness on FB or IG. I can't wait to see those pretty quiche pictures!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
For the Crust:
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, cold
2 organic eggs
pinch of salt
For the Filling:
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or cooking oil
4 slices nitrate-free, organic bacon (diced)
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
3 cups spinach
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
8 organic eggs, whisked
1/8 cup fresh basil
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup coconut cream
salt, pepper and seasoning to taste
optional: raw, grass-fed cheese
1) Start by making your crust. In a large bowl, sift almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour and salt.
2) Cut cold butter into small chunks and work into the flour mixture using your hands or a food mixer.
3) Add one whisked egg. Stir until a smooth dough starts to form.
4) Roll dough into a large ball and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until firm.
5) Lightly dust a clean, flat surface with arrowroot flour and using a rolling pin, roll dough out until it's about 1/8 inch thick.
6) Carefully transfer dough into your pie or quiche dish. Press down and smooth out with clean hands to repair any cracks.
7) Using your remaining egg, crack and separate egg white and yolk. Add white to a small bowl and whisk with 1 tablespoon water. Lightly brush egg wash over the top and sides of the crust.
8) Partially bake crust at 400F for 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
9) In a cast iron skillet, melt grass-fed butter or cooking oil of choice over a low heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, around 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
10) Add bell peppers and onions to the skillet and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach and saute an additional minute.
11) In a large bowl, combine the tomato, eggs, olives, basil, garlic, coconut cream, bacon, and spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
12) Pour egg mixture into your previously prepared crust. If adding cheese, layer on top of the quiche.
13) Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350F until the eggs are set.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
Organic Broccoli Crisps (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
A healthy, crunchy, and delicious snack for the entire family. These organic broccoli crisps are paleo, vegan and keto friendly!