Easy Paleo Salmon Bowls
Paleo, Keto, RESTART, + Whole 30 friendly salmon bowl. Packed with healthy fats, high quality protein and vegetables. A perfectly balanced meal!
I LOVE bowl recipes.
I don't know what it is about eating from a bowl that's so appealing to me but it immediately makes me feel cozy, comforted, and that my food is nourishing my body. Weird? Kinda. Anyway, this bowl recipe can be made on a plate for those of you who don't enjoy the bowl dishes but either way, it's a delicious and easy dinner recipe packed with healthy fats and micronutrients.
THE AVOCADO CREMA
Who doesn't love an avocado based sauce? This avocado crema transforms this dish into something even more beautiful. Similar to guacamole, but with a little more flavor and creaminess, this crema can be used on anything. It provides an extra source of healthy fats, as well as one of my favorite herbs- cilantro, which is great for removing heavy metals from the body, balancing blood sugar levels and supporting heart health.
Eating two or three servings of fish a week is a simple way to improve your health and fuel your body appropriately. Salmon is one of the most, if not THE most nutritious fish to add to your diet. It supplies iron, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, in addition to a whole host of other nutrients you need for good health. It is full of healthy fats which makes it great for your bone health, brain functioning, skin health and eyesight (just to name a few). Although this bowl would work well with any protein, I highly recommend sticking to the salmon for all of these incredible benefits!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Easy Paleo Salmon Bowls
(Makes four bowls)
For the salmon:
4 salmon fillets
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
For the avocado crema:
1 ripe organic avocado
1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, lime zest
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
For the rest of the bowl:
8 cups dark leafy greens, organic
2 cups roasted vegetables of choice (zucchini and squash are my faves)
additional seasoning of choice
1) Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Place chopped vegetables on the baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
2) When the vegetables are half way done, place salmon fillets on a lined baking sheet and season with the smoked paprika, garlic powder and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 until flaky with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fillets.
3) While the salmon and vegetables are cooking, make your avocado crema. Add avocado, coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste in a blender or food processor and pulse until sauce is creamy.
4) Divide leafy greens between four bowls and add a tablespoon of sauce to each. Massage sauce into the greens.
5) Remove vegetables and salmon from the oven. Let cool slightly for 2-3 minutes.
6) Add vegetables to the bowls and top them with a salmon fillet. Generously drizzle avocado sauce over the top of the salmon, season and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.