Essential Oils For Arthritis
These essential oils have aided in healing my basal joint arthritis by relieving pain and reducing symptoms.
I always thought that arthritis was something that only old people get. That was until I started suffering from the condition myself.
Throughout middle and high school I always struggled with pain in my right thumb after writing essays. I remember going to many different school nurses and them always telling me the same thing, that the thumb ache was just me pressing down too hard on the pen.
During college, when I was also working a desk job, my thumb ache increased and soon enough I was suffering from cramping, immobility, swelling, and a constant heavy feeling around my joint. I soon learned that I indeed had basal thumb arthritis, at 22, yay!
Surprisingly I’m not alone and it is being reported that more and more young people are suffering from this issue, largely among texters, game players, and computer users.
It has been reported that a total of 52.5 million people in the U.S., 294,000 of them being children, have arthritis.
The good news is that although it still has its days now and again, my annoying thumb can be controlled. Essential oils, supplements, various therapies and physical support have been hugely helpful for me.
I’m not a doctor, so I’m not going to sit here and tell you what supplements to take, or how to put a splint on, etc, etc. However I am an essential oils coach so I can help a little in that area. Essential oils may not only relieve pain but also improve mood and overall health at the same time.
Essential oils for Arthritis:
Ginger: Shown to reduce the number of prostaglandins in the body which are compounds associated with pain. A 2013 study concluded that ginger oil possesses antioxidant activity as well as significant inflammation-cooling and pain-reducing properties.
Wintergreen: Acts as a natural analgesic to help relieve pain and swelling
Frankincense: Cools inflammation and helps improve circulation.
Peppermint: Acts as a natural analgesic and muscle relaxant that helps soothe joint discomfort.
How to use:
Diffuse 3-5 drops of each oil in a diffuser
In a roller bottle, add 3-5 drops of each oil and fill the remainder with a carrier oil.
Run a warm bath, add 2 cups of Epsom salt, 10 drops of peppermint oils, 10 drops of frankincense oil, 5 drops of ginger oil.
Beef Bulgogi Bowls
Makes 2 Large Bowls
1 lb. grass-fed rib eye or sirloin steak
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
2 stems of green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
4 cups dark leafy greens
2 cups roasted broccoli
3 large carrots, roasted
3 cups cauliflower rice
+ hot sauce (to taste)
= spicy mayo!
1) To make the roasted vegetables, throw frozen broccoli and carrots onto a baking sheet, drizzle in cooking oil of choice, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes or so. Remove and set aside.
2) Place the steaks in a large bowl with coconut aminos, minced garlic, raw honey, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10-30 minutes.
3) In a large skillet, add cooking oil and saute the steaks (along with sauce) over medium high heat or until the steak is medium-well done.
4) Set the beef aside and slice into thin pieces.
5) Using the same pan, heat up your cauliflower rice in the skillet until piping hot.
5) To each bowl, add 2 cups of greens. Top greens with 1-2 carrots, 1 cup roasted broccoli, 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, 1/2 lb of steak and chopped green onion. Add a dollop of spicy mayo on the side, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.