Fabulous Fruit Crumble (Paleo, Vegan)
A fresh and healthy take on the classic fruit crumble. Grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, but still so delicious.
This is one of my favorite, fresh & healthy dessert recipes that is both delicious and fussy people approved.
Fruit crumbles are a classic dessert in England. I believe they are similar to a "cobbler" in the U.S, but the topping is different (and so much better).
To make a crumble you typically require wheat flour, sticks of butter, fresh or frozen fruit, and a mountain of sugar. I remember thinking as a child that since it wasn't chocolate flavored and contained fruit that it was a wholesome dessert option, but in reality, crumble is far from healthy.
This is my fresh and healthy take on the old-fashioned fruit crumble. It's grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free but equally as delicious. Try it with some homemade ice cream or coconut whipped cream for a real treat!
Fabulous Fruit Crumble
1/3 cup and 2 teaspoons coconut flour
1 cup ground walnut halves
1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (I used organic coconut sugar)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup toasted coconut chips
3 peaches, washed and sliced
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 lemon, juiced
Zest of half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a medium sized bowl, mix 1/3 cup of coconut flour with ground walnuts, sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, 1/4 cup coconut oil and coconut chips and set aside.
3) In a larger bowl, mix the fruit with vanilla extract. Pour in the lemon juice and zest and let the fruit sit for about half an hour.
4) Drain the fruit, reserving the liquid.
5) Set the liquid in a small saucepan and add the 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Simmer over a medium heat and allow to melt.
6) Whisk in the two teaspoons of coconut flour and allow to simmer for five minutes before adding the liquid back into the fruit.
7) Pour the fruit mixture into a small pie dish and top with the crumble.
8) Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before eating. Serve alongside some homemade ice-cream or coconut cream for best taste!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.