Fig and Butternut Squash Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Paleo)
Fig & Butternut Squash Stuffed Chicken Breasts. A Paleo Friendly, High Protein, Nutritionally Balanced Dinner Idea!
I love this day. I especially love that it comes right in the middle of a period of spending.
If you're looking for somewhere to donate this year, I want to quickly give a little plug for my favorite non-profit: the Autism Trust USA.
The mission of the Autism Trust is to provide futures with purpose, safety, and love for adults with autism. Our team is raising money to purchase a property on the land adjacent to the home of the Autism Center Austin. The home, set on a 4 acre plot tucked away from noise and neighbors, will be used as the Autism Trust USA's respite home. Many families come to us at breaking point and desperately need a community to love on them and guide them through adulthood and the ongoing struggles of autism. We are passionately committed to helping these families & working together as a strong team towards a future all people deserve. We are in dire need of a respite house to comfortably support these families living with autism, whether that be as residential or day guests.
We need YOUR help in making this dream a reality. Please consider donating to help us open the very first Autism Trust USA respite home.
1) You can make the Autism Trust USA your Facebook charity and fundraise through the platform. This year Facebook and PayPal are matching all donations!
2) You can donate directly via our website via Paypal or our Crowdrise campaign here.
3) You can volunteer your time to support our mission. Our Christmas Fair is coming up this Saturday and we are still looking for extra help. Please consider donating some precious time to helping make our event a success!
4) Share! Please spread the word and share on social media!
5)Prayer. Prayers are always appreciated. We KNOW that Jesus has got this! #PrayBIG
Thank you! Now, back to the reason you clicked on this post... for the recipe.
Apologies for the delay in posting this recipe. In all honesty, I've been having tech issues with not one but all of the laptops in this house. I left my charger in Austin amid the wedding chaos and poor old Max has a computer from the early 00's so his crashes every two minutes. I even went to the library to try and log onto a computer but of course there's some sort of strange block on my little website.
The good news is that I'm back with this fabulous recipe for you all to try. It's surprisingly simple but is full of all sorts of fancy flavors like fig and sage. It's also Paleo friendly and makes for an exciting meal prep option.
You don't want to miss this one! Enjoy!
Fig & Butternut Squash Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 large organic chicken breasts
2 tablespoons Ghee or cooking oil of choice
1 medium onion, chopped and diced
2 cups organic butternut squash, diced
8 mission figs, diced
2 cups baby spinach
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground sage
pinch of black pepper
pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 350F. In a large skillet, melt Ghee or cooking oil of choice. Add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
2) Add diced butternut squash and cover. Cook for around 10-12 minutes, or until squash has softened.
3) Add figs, garlic, spinach, salt, sage, and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
4) Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Season both sides of the breast with salt and pepper before stuffing the squash mixture into the chicken breast (as much as possible is my motto).
5) If needed, tie the chicken breasts with cooking twine to secure. Another option here is to wrap chicken breasts in bacon to hold. You can also leave be and it works just fine. Put chicken breasts on a baking tray and bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
Organic Broccoli Crisps (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
A healthy, crunchy, and delicious snack for the entire family. These organic broccoli crisps are paleo, vegan and keto friendly!