Frosted Chocolate Donuts (Paleo)
I went on a mission to create a moist, sweet and rich chocolate donut, without the junk. This recipe is paleo friendly & makes a fab guilt free pick-me-up.
This recipe was one of my very first and was actually featured on FOX back in 2013 when I began experimenting in my kitchen.
One of Billy's favorite treats are donuts, they always have been.
Although he is occasionally allowed the cardboard tasting GF store-bought ones, I felt he deserved better. So I went on a mission to create the moist, sweet and rich chocolate donut he was really craving.
This recipe is grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free and is the perfect guilt-free pick-me-up.
Frosted Chocolate Donuts
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 organic eggs
1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Optional toppings: ground nuts, sliced banana, cacao nibs.
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl or food mixer, mix your coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
3) Add your wet ingredients; eggs, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract and mix again.
4) Transfer your mixture evenly into the donut wells. If this is tricky to do with a spoon you may want to use a piping bag!
5) Bake the donuts for 20 minutes or until they are firm.
6) As you allow the donuts to cool, make your icing by heating all of the remaining ingredients over a low heat until completely melted.
7) Let the pan cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8) Once cool, spread 1 tablespoon of frosting over the top of each donut and sprinkle with toppings if you desire! Enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.