Ginger Currant Cookies (Paleo, Vegan)
Deliciously chewy Paleo and Vegan ginger cookies studded with organic currants.
Ginger oatmeal cookies were always my thing when I first started learning about nutrition. I would make these little vegan rounds packed with organic raisins, heapings of ginger, and organic oats. I would eat them for breakfast, in between classes in college, or with a little coconut cream for dessert.
Since following a grain-free lifestyle for so long now, I had almost forgotten about the yummy ginger cookies I used to bake until my mum sent me a picture of some she had made this week at the land. She said they were so delicious and that I just had to create a paleo version for all of you to enjoy too.
I got a little creative in the kitchen and voila! I bring you paleo and vegan ginger currant cookies.
THE DETAILS ON THESE COOKIES
- The cookie dough should be thick and easy to form. If it's too runny for any reason, add a little more of your homemade paleo flour blend.
- Quality of the currants is key here. Raisins just won't taste the same! I buy organic currants sweetened only with fruit juice. You can find them at health food stores or on the internet. Be aware of currants sold with added sugars. If you can't find them, I would recommended replacing with little sugar-free dark chocolate chips or leaving them out altogether and enjoying these as soft ginger snap cookies.
- If you are a vegan and following this recipe, be sure to use coconut oil and maple syrup rather than butter and raw honey.
Let me know if you have any questions! I hope you enjoy these delicious baked goodies as much as we do.
Ginger Currant Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1 1/4 cup homemade paleo flour blend
1 rounded teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice (I love coconut palm sugar here)
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey
1/4 cup organic currants
1) Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease a baking tray with coconut oil or butter.
2) In a large mixing bowl or food processor, mix all of the ingredients together except for the currants.
3) Add in currants by hand and roll dough into a ball.
4) Using one tablespoon for each cookie, make small balls out of the dough. Place the balls on the baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
5) Bake cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and lightly brown.
6) Let cool and enjoy.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Thai Yellow Curry (Paleo, Keto)
A deliciously simple Thai yellow curry packed with organic chicken, mixed vegetables and a fragrant homemade sauce. Paleo, Keto + RESTART friendly.
Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake (Paleo)
Absolutely delicious grain-free cookies and cream chocolate cake perfect for any occasion! Includes homemade keto Oreo's recipe.