Grain-Free, Paleo and Keto Friendly Lasagna
Grain-free, Dairy-Free Paleo + Keto Friendly Lasagna. My Favorite Comfort Food Re-Worked To Be Healthy!
When you can get your favorite comfort food dishes re-worked to actually be healthy, life is good! With its rich layers and luscious flavors, this paleo lasagna will transport you to Italy with every bite. It's authentic, it's indulgent, it's delicious.
This recipe calls for zucchini as the replacement for pasta, but I now know that Capello's sells paleo lasagna sheets. It's up to you which you use. I personally like to use the zucchini here because veggies add in so many antioxidant benefits as well as fiber, all to keep our bodies and guts happy.
For those that don't fancy making your own dairy-free cheese, I highly recommend Kite Hill as a store bought option. If you eat dairy, you could also opt for a grass-fed, organic + preferably raw cheese here.
Whichever route you go, I can promise you that you will love this authentic lasagna free from inflammatory ingredients!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
1 lb. grass-fed, organic ground beef
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
1 jar of organic tomato sauce (no sugar added)
1 cup mushrooms, sliced and chopped
4 medium organic zucchini
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
pinch of salt + pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1) In a large saucepan, add 2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice and saute chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
2) Add grass-fed beef and cook until meat is cooked through to your liking.
3) Drain fat and add tomato sauce and spices. Simmer meat sauce on a low heat for 30-45 minutes.
4) In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice and saute mushrooms. Add to the meat sauce 5 minutes before finished simmering.
5) Make dairy-free cheese sauce (following the recipe linked in the ingredient list).
6) Preheat oven to 350F.
7) Slice zucchini long ways into wide, thin strips. Set aside.
8) In a 9 x 12 pan, add a layer of meat sauce at the bottom of the pan. Place a layer of zucchini strips over the sauce, lengthways at the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of dairy-free cheese, followed by another layer of meat sauce, followed by another layer of zucchini strips. Continue until all the mixture has been used.
9) Bake for 50-60 minutes. Remove + serve!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.