Hemp Based Paleo Bread
Grain-free, hemp + seed based paleo bread. With a crunchy crust and fluffy inside, this makes for perfect sandwiches!
Hemp seed is a misunderstood nutritional powerhouse. Since learning more about the powers of CBD and Hemp based oils and products, I have become fascinated with the cannabis plant and all it has to offer. But despite its qualities, it is yet to become mainstream in our kitchens. Why? Well, certain assumptions are made about hemp seed simply because of it's relationship to cannabis.
Let’s clear one thing up about hemp seed right away: Hemp seed is produced from a different variety of cannabis than marijuana. No, it will not get you high. No, it is not illegal to consume.
A few reasons why you should consume hemp seeds:
- Hemp is a high protein seed containing all nine of the essential amino acids (just like our other healthy seed fave, flax).
- It has high amounts of fatty acids and fiber as well as containing vitamin E and trace minerals.
- It has a balanced ratio of omega 3 to 6 fats at around a 3:1 ratio. This won’t help correct your omega balance if it’s off, but it gives you the right balance to start with.
- They are yummy!
Baking with hemp seeds is easy. You can use them just like any other nut or seed in recipes. Just remember the most important baking tip when cooking with hemp… don’t bake at over 350F. Temperatures above 350F harm the beneficial oils in the hemp seed (and there are many to enjoy).
This bread is crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just like bread is meant to be! It's easy to bake and makes for delicious sandwiches. Give it a go!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
(Makes one loaf)
1 cup + 3 tablespoons almond meal
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup ground hemp seeds
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup coconut oil or cooking fat of choice
6 free-range, organic eggs
pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder
Sesame seeds, or Hemp seeds for the topping!
1) Preheat oven to 320F and lightly grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
2) Add almond meal, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and ground hemp seeds to food processor and blitz for 10 seconds (until seeds are lightly chopped).
3) Add nut mixture and the remaining ingredients to a food mixer and mix until combined.
4) Pour bread batter into the greased loaf tin, add additional seeds on top for a crunchy crust and cook for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
5) Cool, slice and serve!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Raspberry Chocolate Brownies (Paleo)
Truly delicious paleo raspberry chocolate fudge brownies. Easy to make with only the best ingredients. These make a wonderful Valentine's Day dessert!
Practical Tips for Picky Eaters
Maybe you struggle with certain foods, or maybe you have a picky eater in your house. Try some of these practical tips to finding food freedom!