Homemade Chipotle Bowls (RESTART, Keto, Whole30)
Quick & Easy Homemade Chipotle Bowls- RESTART, Keto, Whole30 and Paleo Friendly.
I was first introduced to Chipotle by a family friend on my first trip to Austin, Texas. It was late in the evening and she described that we were going to a fast-food restaurant where you can get burritos "the size of a small baby." The best part, she said, is that they use decent quality ingredients.
And there we have it. My love for Chipotle began on that day.
Chipotle really is the only fast-food I ever want and crave. It helps that they use relatively okay ingredients but still, I far prefer home-cooked meals where I know EVERYTHING that I put into a recipe.
So, I decided to make my own. This Chipotle inspired burrito bowl tastes (dare I say it) even better than your favorite takeout, and it's just as fast. You can make them the size of a small baby and swaddle them in a Siete tortilla, or just pack everything into a giant bowl like I did.
These burrito bowls are obviously pretty versatile. You could add different kinds of meat to them, sauteed vegetables, extra heat with some jalapenos, different herbs, sauces, some raw cheese if you fancy. Have fun with it!
Here are two variations that Max and I enjoyed the other day: organic, grass-finished beef, and pasture-raised turkey.
Who needs a trip to Chipotle when you can easily replicate their amazing burrito bowls right at home?
Homemade Chipotle Bowls
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
3 cups cauliflower rice (I buy the organic frozen from TJ's)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 lime, juice and zest
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 lb. grass-fed minced beef, turkey, or chopped chicken breast
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced finely
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
pinch of chilli powder, to taste
sea salt and black pepper to taste
Toppings (all of these are optional, but recommended)
3 cups organic romaine lettuce, shredded
2 tablespoons organic salsa
1/2 cup organic guacamole
1/2 cup sautéed vegetables (onions and peppers)
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1) Start by making your cauliflower rice. Simply, add 1 tablespoon of grass-fed butter or coconut oil into a large skillet until hot.
2) Add garlic and organic diced cauliflower. Cook for approximately 5-6 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft.
3) Set aside, squeeze in lime juice and mix in zest. Add cilantro and seasonings.
4) Heat 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or cooking oil in the skillet and let it get hot.
5) Add diced onion and saute until translucent (3 minutes). Add protein source of choice and all the seasonings. Cook until meat is hot and thoroughly cooked.
6) While your meat is cooking, arrange all of your toppings so that they are ready to go.
7) To arrange your bowls, start by dividing the cauliflower rice into each bowl. Add half the cooked meat to each bowl and add all of your toppings. Finish by sprinkling with additional lime juice, salt and pepper. YUM!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.