Homemade Fish Sticks (Paleo)
Kid-approved homemade fish sticks, or fish fingers for my British friends. Grain-free, paleo friendly and delicious.
Take a sentimental bite into your childhood with these fish sticks.
I don’t think I know one kid who doesn’t have a thing for breaded food. Chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, it doesn’t seem to matter as long as they are battered and fried.
These grain-free, fried fish sticks are a healthier take on the ones you find in the grocery store. Easy to make and keep for reheating, these are a delicious and speedy meal option for the entire family to enjoy.
Paleo Fish Sticks
1 pound fresh cod
2 large organic eggs
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3-4 tablespoons bacon fat or coconut oil
1. Rinse the cod and cut into sticks (around 1/2" wide and 4" long)
2. Place eggs in a medium sized bowl and whisk.
3. Place the almond flour, arrowroot powder, sea salt, black pepper and paprika into another medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
4. Dip the cod pieces into the whisked eggs and then into the almond flour mixtures, making sure the sticks are well coated on all sides.
5. Place the bacon fat or coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Allow the fat to heat up and then add sticks to the pan.
6. Cook until they are golden brown (around 3 minutes each side).
7. Cool slightly and serve. Homemade ketchup is a great accompaniment!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.