Homemade Scotch Eggs (Paleo, Gluten-Free)
Make your own protein-packed scotch eggs! This recipe is a healthier alternative to the traditional scotch egg as it's grain-free and fried in coconut oil.
Good morning, friends! If you’re wondering if I’ve made up a completely random recipe and gone slightly mad, you're not alone. I did a poll on my Instagram, asking people if they knew what a scotch egg was and the overwhelming majority of people said no, so I think it may be best if I give you a little background to what on earth this delicious thing is.
- First off, a scotch egg is a boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in breadcrumbs and deep-fried. Before you click out of this recipe, I altered this traditional method to make it grain-free and healthier :)
- They’re common in England and are usually eaten as a picnic food. We used to have these all the time as kids at birthday parties as finger food.
- They’re really good. Cold or hot, with or without sides, as a snack or protein in your main meal, it doesn’t matter, these are seriously delicious anyway.
Give these a go! You never know, they may just become your favorite little snack.
4 boiled organic eggs (however you like them)
¾ pound of sausage meat (organic, pasture-raised)
¾ cup almond meal
1 egg (whisked in a separate bowl)
Spices (optional): salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix your almond meal and spices until combined. Set aside.
- Divide the sausage meat into 4 equal portions and use your hands to form each portion into a flat round. Wrap each meat portion around a boiled egg, making sure it’s completely hidden.
- Dip each ball into the whisked egg, and then roll it in the almond mixture ensuring it’s fully coated.
- In a frying pan over high heat, heat ½ cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter. When hot, place your scotch egg into the oil. Brown each side for 2 minutes until golden brown and then place in the oven on a baking sheet for 6 minutes.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.