Lemon Cupcakes with a Blueberry Buttercream
Light and refreshing lemon cupcakes topped with a decadent blueberry buttercream and fresh berries. Grain-free and paleo/keto friendly.
Spring is here! After a beautiful and sunny Easter weekend in Virginia, I feel as though it's finally acceptable to start posting light and fruity recipes. These lemon cupcakes are just that and are topped with perhaps an unconventional choice of fresh blueberries and a decadent buttercream. Delicious with a cup of tea, or just on the porch while enjoying the sunshine, these sweet treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy them, knowing they are gluten and dairy-free, refined sugar-free and are compliant for those following a Paleo or Ketogenic lifestyle.
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
2 1/3 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
1 cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (for dairy-free option)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup nut milk
juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
1 cup blueberry puree (blended frozen or fresh blueberries until smooth)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup sweetener of choice
Topping: fresh blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners.
2) Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
3) Melt butter or coconut oil over a medium heat and add to the bowl. Stir until a thick, dough-like batter has formed.
4) Add eggs, nut milk, lemon and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until smooth.
5) Spoon two tablespoons of cake batter into each cupcake liner and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6) While cakes are cooling on a wire rack, place all buttercream ingredients in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
7) Pipe on top of cooled cakes, decorate with fresh blueberries, and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.