Lemon & Ginger Loaf
A comforting classic: the lemon loaf. This time without the grains, refined-sugar and with an additional kick of flavor. Paleo/Keto friendly.
This is a classic lemon and ginger cake. Spongey. Warm. Comforting. Delicious.
As much as I love a frosting covered, multi-layered occasion cake; for general every day cake eating (and yes, who says you can’t have a slice a day) you can’t beat a simple lemon drizzle loaf cake. It may appear fairly plain from the outside, but I’ve added a bit of a ginger kick to the sponge to make it all a little more exciting. The amount of heat is entirely up to you, I like the lemon to be the dominant flavor but the ginger to add that subtle warmth and glorious punch. It is perhaps one of the easiest cakes to make on my blog but this lemon and ginger loaf cake is extremely satisfying. My recommendation is to keep it for a few days as it seems to taste better and better with age.
My gift to you this Tuesday: a melt-in-your-mouth lemon cake that’s not only super tender, fluffy, and moist but has a heavenly fresh lemon flavor, with a kick of ginger as well.
Lemon & Ginger Loaf
2 cups almond flour
⅓ cup coconut flour
2/3 cup sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar)
Pinch of sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, or coconut oil, melted
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh ginger
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons raw honey (or sweetener of choice)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup arrowroot powder
1) Preheat your oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice and zest, chopped ginger, grass-fed butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sweetener.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt.
4) Stir the dry mixture into the wet until smooth.
5) Transfer cake batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and smooth. Bake for 30 minutes, or until loaf is fully cooked and a toothpick comes out clean.
6) Cool completely on a wire rack.
7) While cooling, prepare the icing/glaze of choice. Whisk together ingredients until you get a consistency that you can drizzle then use a spoon to drizzle icing over the cake as desired. Garnish with lemon zest, candied ginger, toasted sesame seeds, or fresh fruit for a polished look. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
Organic Broccoli Crisps (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
A healthy, crunchy, and delicious snack for the entire family. These organic broccoli crisps are paleo, vegan and keto friendly!