Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Paleo, Keto)
Fluffy And Delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Topped With A Tasty Coconut Spread. These Paleo Muffins Are Full Of Flavor!
Soft, fluffy, and oh-so yummy, these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins burst with sunshine-sweet flavor. Top them with a dollop of creamy coconut spread for extra decadence.
Lemon lover’s – this one's for you.
You might think adding poppy seeds wouldn't do much for a bread or muffin recipe, but they are the perfect addition- the crunchy seeds perfectly balancing the tangy lemon to create a great flavor.
These muffins are a ray of sunshine, absolutely perfect for a rainy spring or summer day when you need a little bit of extra comfort. Breakfast, a snack, or a dessert, it's totally up to you. These will work at any time of the day and are packed with healthy fats to keep you satisfied.
I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did <3
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
1/2 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
1/3 cup sweetener of choice (coconut palm sugar tastes delicious in this recipe!)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup grass fed butter or coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
zest of 1 lemon
Optional Coconut Cream Topping:
14 oz. coconut cream
1/4 cup sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tray with unbleached liners, or grease with coconut oil.
2) In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, ground flaxseed, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
3) Separate the yolks from the whites. In a food processor, whisk eggs until soft peaks form. Set aside.
4) In your empty food processor or using an electric hand mixer, whisk egg yolks and sweetener for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add lemon zest, vanilla extract, melted butter and vinegar and combine. Now slowly add flour mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, adding water when necessary.
6) Fold egg whites into the batter and stir.
7) Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
8) Allow muffins to cool. Meanwhile, in a food processor whip together coconut cream, sweetener and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
9) Serve muffins with 1 tablespoon of coconut cream spread for a delicious breakfast or snack.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.