Lettuce Wrap Turkey Burgers w/ Avocado Aioli
You will LOVE the flavor of this RESTART friendly turkey burger! Paleo/Keto too.
Okay so as you can see from the picture I forgot the lettuce, but these lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with crispy bacon and a smooth avocado aioli are seriously good.
I honestly rarely use ground turkey in my recipes. I also rarely choose it when out at a restaurant-- especially not in a burger form (like why not just get the juicy beef?). Why? Well, more often than not when you order a turkey patty, out comes a feeble little mound of meat that's painfully dry and needs a ton of condiments to make it edible. Sound accurate?
You will be happy to know that this turkey burger is far from the one on the "skinnylicious" menu. This recipe has additions such as organic eggs, paleo bread, and avocado which helps prevent the meat from drying and shrinking, resulting in a fabulously juicy turkey burger. The avocado aioli is the icing on the cake. It's ridiculously creamy and pairs perfectly with the addition of some crisp nitrate-free bacon.
What are you waiting for?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Turkey Burgers w/ Avocado Aioli
(Makes 10 burgers)
2lbs organic ground turkey
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, or cooking oil of choice
1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
1/2 large bell pepper, finely diced
2 large organic eggs
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or shredded grass-fed, raw cheese
1 1/2 cups paleo breadcrumbs (ideally made from my paleo bread)
salt and pepper to taste
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I love Primal Kitchen's brand)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
1) Start by making your aioli. Blend all ingredients in a small food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Set aside.
2) For the burgers, melt grass-fed butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
3) Add the onions and pepper and saute for 8-10 minutes or until translucent.
4) Set aside to cool while you prepare the burgers. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients, except for the ground turkey and paleo breadcrumbs. Mix until combined.
5) Add the turkey and gently mix with your hands until just combined.
6) Add the breadcrumbs and mix again until just combined.
7) Form large patties with your hands, about 1-1 1/2 inches thick, or as desired and set aside.
8) Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter in a medium frying pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the burgers and cook for approx. 7 minutes per side.
9) Top the burgers with cashew cheese, bacon, and avocado aioli. Serve with sweet potato fries and slaw.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.