Lime Infused Fajitas (Paleo, Keto)
These lime infused fajitas make for the perfect date night or fun family meal. They cater to both the ketogenic and paleo lifestyles! Easy & delicious.
I love Mexican food. We don't really have it in England, or at least I never had it, so when I first came to Texas, I was very excited by all the chips and queso, tacos and fajitas (to the point I definitely indulged in it multiple times a week during my first few months at college).
It's so simple and actually lots of fun to make your own healthy fajita set up. This recipe calls for beef, but you can also use chicken, shrimp, or just veggies. You can add different fillings such as jalapenos, avocado, pico de gallo, grass-fed cheese, really whatever you fancy and you can replace corn or flour tortillas and chips with Siete's almond flour substitute. They are AMAZING.
This recipe is perfect for those following a ketogenic or paleo lifestyle. Vegans can even join in the fun by skipping the meat and sticking to veggie fajitas!
Lime Infused Fajitas
1lb organic, grass-fed beef steak (our local farmer provides ours)
3 bell peppers
1 large yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
pinch of cumin, salt, pepper
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
Optional: grass-fed cheese
1) Mix half of the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add your steak and marinate for an hour.
2) Heat grass-fed butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and saute steak for about 4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness and doneness). Set aside.
3) Fry bell peppers and onion in the same pan. Add the other half of the marinade sauce and extra seasoning if desired.
4) Slice steak into strips (fajita style) and serve on a platter with the vegetables.
5) On the table set out warmed grain-free tortillas, sliced avocado, extra cilantro and any other desired fillings. Each person can make their fajitas to their preference! Enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.