Low-Carb Blueberry Sponge Cake
The most delicious, low-carb blueberry and lemon sponge cake. Free from dairy, grains + refined-sugar! Paleo/Keto.
Happy Thursday! It's my last day in Austin and my day is being spent frantically wedding planning and organizing final details. I can't believe that the next time I'll be in Texas will be for my wedding!
This past week, my parents hosted a dinner party and one of their friends made a delicious blueberry and lemon sponge cake. It didn't look like the fanciest bake in the world, but my goodness did it taste delicious. The combination of lemon and blueberry is so light yet flavorful and inspired me to create my own low-carb, paleo friendly recipe.
It's incredibly simple to make- just combine all the sponge ingredients, bake for 30 minutes, mix all your icing ingredients, pour over and there you have it. Enjoy!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Low-Carb Blueberry + Lemon Sponge
½ cup coconut flour
3 organic eggs, beaten
1/3 cup unsweetened nut milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, Ghee, or grass-fed butter, melted
1/3 cup liquid sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup organic blueberries
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk.
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice.
2 teaspoons lemon zest.
2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F, and lightly grease a 9” round cake pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the sponge ingredients except for the blueberries. Use a handheld beater if necessary to ensure there are no lumps.
- Gently add and mix in the blueberries.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared pan and spread around evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool.
- Heat a small sauce pan over low heat and melt coconut oil and coconut butter.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add all the rest of the icing ingredients.
- Use a large toothpick or skewer, poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour icing over the top of cake, making sure to cover well.
- Serve warm! Keep any leftovers in the fridge and enjoy for days to come.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Paleo)
Grain-free, Paleo Friendly Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Snowballs/ Russian Tea Cakes. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!