Vetiver Essential Oil For Autism
I love this essential oil for so many reasons, but for my brother with autism, it has been lifechanging. Learn more about vetiver oil and it's benefits.
One of my all time favorite oils for Billy is Vetiver oil. I see a huge improvement in concentration, focus and behavior from simply diffusing vetiver oil throughout the day.
Dr. Friedman conducted a study in 2001 revealing these benefits for children with ADHD. You can read more about the study here.
But long story short, vetiver oil increased performance by 100%!
By inhaling the oil at several times throughout the day, the participants found vetiver oil to help with their difficulty in concentrating, following directions, and impatience.
Different ways we love to use Vetiver oil:
- Run a warm bath and put 5-10 drops of vetiver oil in for calming and relaxing effects. You can also add lavender here or some epsom salts for extra help.
- Put 5-10 drops of vetiver oil in a roller and fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil. Massage along the back of the neck, wrists, and chest when feeling anxious or stressed.
- Diffuse or inhale at several points throughout the day when you or your child is feeling distracted and signs of stress are appearing.
Other essential oils we love for Billy:
Cedarwood Oil: May be able to improve focus and clear thinking.
Frankincense Oil: Supports healthy, normal neurological development, has been shown to reduce stress and nervousness, also shown to reduce heart rate and to balance blood pressure.
Rosemary Oil: Has been correlated with healthy brain functioning and memory support.
Lavender: Aids in a more relaxed state and a calmer mind, can help with neurological issues, promotes sleep and fights brain oxidation.
Note: Do not use vetiver oil if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Beef Bulgogi Bowls
Makes 2 Large Bowls
1 lb. grass-fed rib eye or sirloin steak
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
2 stems of green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
4 cups dark leafy greens
2 cups roasted broccoli
3 large carrots, roasted
3 cups cauliflower rice
+ hot sauce (to taste)
= spicy mayo!
1) To make the roasted vegetables, throw frozen broccoli and carrots onto a baking sheet, drizzle in cooking oil of choice, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes or so. Remove and set aside.
2) Place the steaks in a large bowl with coconut aminos, minced garlic, raw honey, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10-30 minutes.
3) In a large skillet, add cooking oil and saute the steaks (along with sauce) over medium high heat or until the steak is medium-well done.
4) Set the beef aside and slice into thin pieces.
5) Using the same pan, heat up your cauliflower rice in the skillet until piping hot.
5) To each bowl, add 2 cups of greens. Top greens with 1-2 carrots, 1 cup roasted broccoli, 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, 1/2 lb of steak and chopped green onion. Add a dollop of spicy mayo on the side, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.