One Pan Lemon Turmeric Chicken (Paleo, Gluten-Free)
Need an easy and affordable meal for the entire family? This one pan chicken dish with seasonal vegetables, turmeric & fresh lemon is hearty & delicious!
After an exhausting (and incredible) weekend training with the Nutritional Therapy Association, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home on Sunday evening was cook. You know what sounded even worse? Washing up the many dishes and utensils that go into preparing a good meal.
This is a recipe perfect for those busy weeknights, or for those days where you just want to throw everything into the oven and leave it be, without having to “check up” on various pots and pans every 10 minutes. Plus, this meal will feed the entire family for under $25. It’s hearty, packed with an array of nutrients, and it’s CHEAP!
So grab your favorite (and largest) pan and see just how easy it is to cook great, affordable meals on busy weeknights!
One Pan Lemon Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
3 ½ lbs bone in chicken thighs, organic
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon minced/crushed garlic
1 ½ cups small red potatoes, sliced in half
1 cup parsnips, cubed
1 baked apple, cubed
pinch of sea salt and pepper
handful of fresh rosemary sprigs
handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- In a large bowl, juice one lemon. Place ¼ cup of olive oil, ½ tablespoon garlic, ½ tablespoon turmeric, and half of the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and mix.
- Generously coat your chicken thighs in the seasoned oil and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, place the remaining lemon (juiced), oil, garlic, turmeric, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and mix.
- Place your potatoes, parsnips and apple in the bowl and coat generously. Set aside for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. On a deep baking tray or casserole dish, arrange potatoes, parsnips and apple on the bottom of the pan. Season with additional salt and pepper if you would like.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables. Slice your remaining lemon and set among and on top of the vegetables. Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken registers 175 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy. I paired mine with some asparagus sautéed in grass-fed butter over some spinach leaves- so good!
*If potatoes don’t sit well for you, or if you’re not a fan, they can easily be swapped with winter squash or yams.*
I have served this dish to my boyfriend, who is a tough one to please! He loved it and was excited that there was some left over for him to eat for lunches throughout his busy work week. We will be adding it to our list of favorites! Simple, budget-friendly and a delicious, nutrient-dense meal for the entire family.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.