Oreo Cookies (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Keto Option)
Homemade Oreo cookies, just like the store-bought ones except paleo friendly & refined sugar-free!
With Valentine's Day coming up, I thought it would be the perfect time to post this Oreo cookie recipe. You can even make these in little heart shapes for your honey! I love gifting baked goods, not only are they more affordable, but I find people really appreciate the extra effort. It's also the perfect gift for that person who has everything.
I'm pretty sure I have never had a real Oreo, so I don't think it's my place to say that they taste exactly the same as the real thing. However, I have tried a Newman-O (the gluten-free ones that are delicious but are full of sugar and additives), and these little guys taste just like them!
They tick the most important boxes: the crunchy, dark cookie and the creamy sandwich filling. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even swap out the coconut butter for your favorite nut butter.
Enjoy these sweet little cookies & let me know how you get on by posting below or tagging me on IG (@bellagracewellness).
½ cup + 6 tablespoons almond flour
¼ cup arrowroot powder
¼ cup raw cacao powder
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil
1 tablespoon coconut milk (full-fat)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sweetener
For the filling:
3 tablespoons coconut butter
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon water
1 ½ tablespoons sweetener
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, arrowroot powder and raw cacao powder.
- In a food processor, mix butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll the chilled dough into a large ball. Press to ⅛ inch thickness (you can use parchment paper to prevent stickiness)
- Cut dough into 2-inch circles using a cutter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, transfer cookies to sheet and bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile mix all of the buttercream ingredients and when the cookies have cooled, drop about 1 teaspoon of the buttercream filling in the center of one cookie and top it with another cookie- like a sandwich!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.