Oven Baked Cod Cakes
Cod cakes are terrific with... well cod, but can be made with any white-fleshed fish. These paleo friendly patties make for the perfect RESTART dinner.
These kid-approved cod cakes are a tastier and fancier way of enjoying fish sticks. The wild-caught, fresh cod is bound together with organic eggs, nut based flours, spices and herbs to create the perfect patty that can simply be popped in the oven (making it a mess-free, easy cooking experience).
Fun #BGW Fish Facts:
Cod and other white fish provide a lean source of protein. They still have some omega-3 fatty acids, but not as much as fattier varieties such as salmon, tuna, trout, herring, and sardines.
Fish is a healthful food that many of us don’t get enough of. A good goal is to eat it 2-3 times per week. I try to serve fish for at least one dinner a week to ensure I am getting my healthy fats in (and because it's delicious). Most people may fall short on the recommended omega-3 nutrient amounts so we also supplement with a high-quality fatty acid supplement to make sure we are getting enough of this important nutrient. Fatty acid deficiency is no joke friends.
NEED PLATING IDEAS?
We enjoy these cod cakes with hand cut, homemade sweet potato wedges and a crispy side salad full of organic leafy greens, crunchy cucumber and drizzled with a homemade ranch. For fussy children, try serving these up with some raw carrot and bell pepper slices too!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Oven Baked Cod Cakes
7-8 ounces of Wild Caught Cod
2 organic eggs
2/3 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
2 tablespoons homemade mayo (or an organic, paleo-compliant brand like Primal Kitchen)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 thyme sprigs, chopped
2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a baking tray with grass-fed butter or coconut oil.
- Wash and skin your cod, and then chop into very fine pieces.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat your eggs.
- Next place your cod, flours, spices, and garlic a bowl. Add in your eggs and mix again.
- Fold in herbs and homemade mayo.
- After mixing, grab a small handful of the batter, roll into a ball and place on baking tray. Press with a spoon until around 3 inches wide.
- Repeat with the remaining patties until you have 6 cod cakes.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve! We love ours with some homemade tartare sauce, hand cut sweet potatoes and a side salad full of organic greens.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.