Paleo Beef Enchilada Casserole
A delicious, Paleo + Keto friendly beef enchilada casserole. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo. This healthy one pan meal will feed the entire family!
Happy Friday! With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect time to share this fabulous beef enchilada casserole I created a few weeks ago. I am always looking for recipes that I can make on Monday and can keep using the leftovers until Wednesday. This enchilada casserole not only tastes incredible, but serves that purpose perfectly. It's also paleo, keto, RESTART and whole30 friendly!
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PALEO CASSEROLE
- It's the perfect meal prep food due to all of the fabulous ingredients in here. You have your healthy fats, proteins, and a ton of veggies in a one-pan dish. Pair it with a salad for an extra greens post, or just eat it on it's own!
- TOPPINGS. Feel free to add or take-away whatever you would like. If you do raw organic dairy, add some shredded cheese or homemade sour cream. If you fancy some radishes, extra lime, cilantro, etc. add them. I would love to hear your modifications and how they turned out.
- For my vegan friends, or for those of you who don't eat red meat, you can use any meat substitute in place of the ground beef. I have made this casserole with shredded chicken, ground turkey, and stewed vegetables. They all work and taste delicious.
- The hard work pays off. Intimidated by the amount of steps to this recipe? That's okay. Push through and I promise you will get the hang of it and be making this casserole regularly.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Yield: 5-6 servings
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce (I love this recipe)
3-4 organic zucchinis
4 grain-free tortillas (Siete is the brand we use)
1/2 cup cashew cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese
1 lb organic, grass finished ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 jalapeno pepper, diced and seedless
4 tablespoons organic tomato sauce (sugar-free)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chilli powder
salt and pepper to taste
optional: additional cream cheese, sour cream, chopped green onion, avocado, crumbly "cheese".
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Slide the ends off the zucchinis and then use a thin slicer or potato peeler to create wide and thin noodle strips. Dry them off and set aside.
3) Saute the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess liquid.
4) Add the sliced jalapeno pepper, tomato sauce, cumin and chilli powder. Stir to combine and set aside.
5) Line the bottom of a casserole dish with two grain-free tortillas and spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the tortillas evenly.
6) Add a 1/2 of the ground beef mixture on top of the sauce and spread it evenly.
7) Place 1/2 of the zucchini slices vertically over the ground beef to create another layer. Top with another 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup of cashew cream cheese.
8) Repeat the layering process in this order: line with the remaining two tortillas, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1/2 ground beef, the remaining cashew cream cheese, and the zucchini slices.
9) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
10) Remove from the oven and top with additional cashew cream cheese (or homemade sour cream), green onion, avocado and any other toppings you like!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.
Sticky Toffee Loaf Cake (AIP)
A deliciously moist toffee studded loaf cake topped with a fabulous caramel coconut glaze. Paleo + AIP friendly. Scrumptious!