Paleo Instant Pot Chilli Dog Bowls
Comforting, Paleo + Kid Friendly "Chilli Dog Bowls" Made in Under 30 Minutes in the Instant Pot! RESTART Approved.
I realized soon after I named this recipe that it sounds a little silly. I should probably clarify that this recipe is Chilli Dogs IN a bowl (rather than a bun), not dog bowls with Chilli in them. Anyway, don't let the name put you off, this is a DELICIOUS and cozy Fall recipe that can be made very simply your Instant Pot.
Made with grass-fed beef, organic vegetables, diced tomatoes and an array of spices, this comforting dish is both indulgent and healthy. It is packed with protein, healthy fats, and nutrients. With flu season coming up, I would increase the garlic and onion in here to pack in extra anti-viral and immune boosting properties.
This is the basic blueprint for these chilli bowls but as Max pointed out, there is so much you can add to this recipe to make it even more delicious. If you aren't dairy-free, top it with organic raw cheese or sour cream. If you fancy some crunch, add some tortilla chips. If you are looking for something more hearty and less traditional, consider adding chopped zucchini, kale and other veggies for extra bulk and micronutrients. You can add beans, extra spice, even some rice- enjoy this Chilli however you want!
Paleo Chilli Dog Bowls
1 tablespoon avocado oil, ghee, or cooking fat of choice
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
4 garlic cloves,minced
2 pounds organic ground beef
4 organic sausages (bratwurst style)
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (increase or decrease dependent on spice tolerance)
1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
½ cup bone broth
1) On your Instant Pot, press the sauté button, add 1 tablespoon of fat and let the bottom get hot.
2) Add diced onions and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes until soft and translucent.
3) Add tomato paste, minced garlic, salt and pepper, stir and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
4) Add ground beef and sausages (chopped into little chunks) to the Instant Pot. Cook for approximately 7 minutes until the meat has cooked through.
5) Stir in all the seasoning, diced tomatoes and bone broth. Give it a good stir.
6) Lock the lid and hit the high pressure button. Set the cooking time for 15 minutes.
7) After 15 minutes, allow the pressure to be released, serve with cauliflower rice, beside a bed of vegetables, or just as is! Enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Ginger Currant Cookies (Paleo, Vegan)
Deliciously chewy Paleo and Vegan ginger cookies studded with organic currants.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.