Paleo Mexican Brownies
Paleo, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Mexican Brownies. Sweet with a little heat.
Have you ever tried a dessert with a little spice in there? I'm not just talking cinnamon or nutmeg here, I mean full on cayenne pepper. The flavor is INTENSE. It's one of those flavors though that when you try it, you crave it.
These rich, fudge brownies are filled with gooey chocolate chunks and spiced with just enough cayenne pepper to leave a little lingering heat in your mouth. I'm warning you now, you will want more. I recommend pairing these with some whipped coconut cream or homemade dairy-free vanilla ice cream for the ultimate wow factor. You could even go a step further and make dinner a fun Mexican style affair with these tacos, fajitas, and a side of Siete chips and guac.
THE DEETS ON THESE MEXICAN BROWNIES
- When you take these out of the oven, they could seem a little under baked to you. That's okay! Let them cool and store in the refrigerator. The "not so done" thing will help them stay super fudgy and delicious.
- Feel free to ditch the cayenne altogether if it freaks you out, or add a little more if you want to increase the heat.
- Dark chocolate chips free from added sugar and dairy can be hard to find. You can also chop up an organic, paleo-friendly dark chocolate bar for your choc chunks!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
makes 6-8 brownies
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ceylon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
1/4 cup creamy nut butter
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl or food processor, mix together eggs, maple syrup, nut butter, melted butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
3) Add almond flour, cacao powder, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Mix again.
4) Stir in chocolate chips.
5) Pour into the baking sheet and spread. Bake for 25 minutes until JUST set. Remove and let cool. Store in the fridge to keep a fudgy texture!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.