Paleo "Peanut Butter + Jelly" Breakfast Bars
Your favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a grain-free & paleo friendly breakfast bar!
Good morning! How is everyone? It has been a little while since I popped on here and shared a recipe, so hello I'm back and on this sunny Monday morning I have for you the most delicious breakfast bars known to man.
It's no secret that over here at BGW we are BIG fans of the PB&J combo. Although I didn't have this mash-up at all as a child (us Brits are more inclined to marmite on our toast), I fell in love with the whole creamy peanut butter mixed with berry jam thing within months of moving to Texas.
These breakfast bars are your typical "crumb" squares but without the refined flours, dairy, and refined sugars. They are also peanut free, making them safer for school lunchboxes and compliant for those following a paleo, or legume-free lifestyle. We adore them for a grab & go breakfast!
THE DEETS ON THESE PB&J BREAKFAST BARS
- You can use any nut butter you'd like- yes, even peanut if you fancy it. They all seem to work interchangeably here. My favorite is almond with this recipe.
- Have a go at making your own jam! It's surprisingly easy to make. This one is my go-to recipe, and this one looks great too!
- If making your own jam sounds like a bore, then have a hunt in your local supermarket for some sugar-free, organic jam. There are many great brands out there that are sweetened only with organic fruit juices. Organic is crucial- particularly since strawberries have yet again ranked no.1 on the dirty dozen list.
- Store them in the fridge for the most delicious crumby, buttery, cookie like texture.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
"PB & J Breakfast Bars"
Makes 12 squares
2 organic eggs
1 cup almond butter (smooth)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 cups of homemade jam or sugar-free jam of choice
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl or food mixer, mix all of the ingredients (except the jam) until combined with no lumps.
3) Add 3/4 of the mixture to the pan and smooth it out.
4) Smooth the sugar-free jam over the top of the mixture. Feel free to swirl it into the batter if you would like!
5) Top with the remaining mixture. It doesn't matter if it's clumpy or not even, this creates a beautiful crumb topping and makes it even more delicious.
6) Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and then cut into squares. Store these in the fridge. I think they may taste even better the next day.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.