DIY Pizza (Paleo, Vegan)
FINALLY! A pizza recipe that caters to both the paleo and vegan lifestyles, and actually tastes good. This is sure to be one of your comfort food faves.
Paleo pizza recipes have taken the internet by storm, and they are delicious but so many of them have eggs and sometimes cheese to bind the crust together.
For my family, and for my vegan and dairy free friends, this isn't going to work.
This delicious pizza recipe is free from dairy and grains and packed with healthy ingredients, making it a great option for the whole family.
For the crust:
1 large organic cauliflower
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons ground chia seeds
4 tablespoons filtered water
1/2 cup almond flour
A pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
For the best part (the toppings):
Other topping ideas: organic sliced ham, olives, pineapple chunks, chopped organic vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, spinach, etc.
1. Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cut your cauliflower head in small bouquets.
3. In a large pan, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. When warm, put the cauliflower in the pan, pour a glass of water on top, cover and let boil for 20 minutes.
4. Take the top off from the pan and continue to cook until all the water evaporates.
5. Put the cooked cauliflower in your food processor and blend. Once riced, strain your cauliflower mixture and really press down to remove any excess water.
6. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, mix your chia seeds and water and set aside to let the seeds soak up the water. You will be left with a gooey mixture- a vegan egg!
8. Add your chia seed mixture to the large bowl, along with almond flour and seasoning.
9. Put the crust mixture into the pan and spread it evenly, ensuring the layer has even thickness. Press together as firmly as possible.
10. Bake the crust for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
11. While your crust is cooking, prepare your tomato sauce, cashew cheese and toppings.
12. Take the crust from the oven and cover with any and every topping you may desire. Sprinkle some basil and oregano on top.
13. Put the pizza back in the oven for another 10 minutes & enjoy warm.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Paleo Cornish Pasties
Grain-free, paleo friendly Cornish pasties. These hand-held meat pies make for an excellent lunch or dinner!
Raspberry Chocolate Brownies (Paleo)
Truly delicious paleo raspberry chocolate fudge brownies. Easy to make with only the best ingredients. These make a wonderful Valentine's Day dessert!