Paleo Pumpkin & Chocolate Swiss Roll
Celebrate the Fall season with this paleo and keto friendly pumpkin chocolate swiss roll.
I'm excited to announce that I will be offering a NEW service here at Bella Grace Wellness. After I return from my honeymoon, I will be offering one on one and group cooking classes for children. These will primarily be based out of the Hampton Roads, Virginia area, but also in Austin Texas every other month or so.
WHY I BELIEVE IT'S CRUCIAL THAT CHILDREN KNOW HOW TO COOK
- If children learn how to cook, even just the basics, they will be less likely as teenagers and adults to eat out at fast food restaurants, junk filled take-aways, and more.
- Children may try new and healthy foods. Recent research published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics indicates that children engaged in tactile experiences, such as handling foods, have less food neophobia (food fear) and greater acceptance of eating a variety of foods.
- Children can spend time cooking and learning new recipes, rather than being glued to their tablets and gadgets.
- Children learn lifetime skills through practicing basic math skills such as counting, weighing, measuring, tracking time; they also gain social skills by working together and communicating in the kitchen.
- Children tend to skip less healthy prepared or processed snack foods as they prepare their own food more.
- I believe that education is key to making better choices and learning how to look after your body.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM A BELLA GRACE WELLNESS COOKING CLASS
- Fun, informative classes with basics of nutrition information included. We cover safety and food handling, as well as sourcing of ingredients, quality of ingredients, and the difference between real vs. processed food.
- Freedom to choose and input which recipes they would like to learn.
- Your child will be able to take his or her dish home and share with the family!
- Only the best organic and healthy ingredients used.
Last week, I had my first cooking class with my friend Cruz (pictured below). It was a huge success. In fact, he chose to come back for a second class on his holiday off school! I gave Cruz the flexibility to choose what he would like to bake and together, we created this pumpkin and chocolate Swiss roll cake. He helped me source all of the ingredients, mix them all together, and then carefully roll the sponge to create the pretty swirl. It was a blast!
If you're looking for a new Fall recipe, try Cruz's Paleo Pumpkin and Chocolate Swiss Roll recipe and see how you get on!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Paleo Pumpkin and Chocolate Swiss Roll
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 organic eggs
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Chocolate Buttercream Filling
2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in water
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
5 tablespoons cacao powder
1) Pre-heat oven to 375°F and grease a 10 x 15 inch swiss roll pan and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a food processor, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and the eggs until combined.
3) Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and the spices to the bowl and stir until everything is fully incorporated. Stir in the melted coconut oil.
4) Spread the batter evenly into the lined pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5) While the cake is still warm, carefully lift the parchment paper and place onto a clean, flat surface. Set aside to cool.
6) Meanwhile, make your chocolate filling by putting all of the ingredients in a blender and blitzing until smooth and creamy.
7) Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the chocolate filling on the top layer. Carefully roll the cake from the short end to the short end until it is rolled up, using the parchment paper to help you. Top with the rest of the chocolate buttercream, add any decoration you fancy, and then refrigerate for an hour or until ready to eat.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
The RESTART Program Travel Tips
My Top Tips for Staying Healthy When Traveling & Sticking to your RESTART/ 21DSD/ Whole30 Goals!
RESTART Approved Cacao Almond Butter Bark
Perfect for those following RESTART, the 21DSD, or who are Keto, this cacao almond butter bark is the most delicious sugar-free pick me up!