Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A delicious grain-free, paleo approved lemon sponge cake with sugar-free, dairy-free frosting and fresh strawberries.
During these lovely sunny months, I tend to swap out the rich creamy chocolate recipes for fruity ones. I save my dairy-free hot chocolate for chilly nights instead.The flavors and textures in this recipe are light and perfect for this time of year, letting the fresh strawberries act as the star of the show. It makes a gorgeous addition to a Summer party spread!
This delightful cake has three separate components: the sponge, the frosting, and the fresh toppings (that really make it what it is).
Two fluffy layers of light and airy lemon cake free from flour and gluten, dairy, or refined sugar. This cake base comes together in just a few simple ingredients and is fluffy due to the eggs! If you prefer a denser texture, you can use three eggs instead of four but I think the additional egg makes the texture just perfect. You could also stud the batter with some little strawberry chunks if you fancy.
My infamous vanilla frosting with a little lemon extract to add some oomph. I love strong flavors and the lemon extract really is the icing on the cake.
The best part! Please make sure you're buying organic strawberries as they are one of the most heavily sprayed crops out there. Nothing beats fresh organic strawberries and whispers of lemon zest. Feel free to add other berries or fruits too!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Yield: One Large Cake
4 organic eggs
4 tablespoons raw honey
5 tablespoons coconut flour
5 tablespoons almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon zest
seeds from one vanilla pod
for the frosting:
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1/4 cup raw honey or sweetener of choice
fresh lemon zest
1) Start by making the sponge cake. Preheat the oven to 350F and line two 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper, or grease with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl, cream the eggs with honey until smooth.
3) Add pinch of salt, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, seeds from vanilla pod and lemon zest. Mix until combined and smooth.
4) Divide the mixture between prepared pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Remove cakes from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
5) While cakes are cooling on a wire rack, place all frosting ingredients in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
6) Pipe in between and on top of cooled cakes, decorate with fresh strawberries and lemon zest, and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Thai Yellow Curry (Paleo, Keto)
A deliciously simple Thai yellow curry packed with organic chicken, mixed vegetables and a fragrant homemade sauce. Paleo, Keto + RESTART friendly.
Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake (Paleo)
Absolutely delicious grain-free cookies and cream chocolate cake perfect for any occasion! Includes homemade keto Oreo's recipe.